10k challenge?

Options
yskaldir
yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
Has anyone here done one, while following IF? Should I stick with dry or wet food?

I gave it a go sunday but at around 6k I literally felt food coming back up the throat every time I moved.

Replies

• yskaldir
    Options
    No, not 10k steps, 10k calories. If you search on youtube there are quite a few videos.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Why would you purposefully overfeed by 7000+ calories? Even if you were bulking and a "hard gainer" that's overkill. I'm sure I've eaten close to that during a binge, but I wouldn't put myself through that on purpose.
  • yskaldir
    Options
    .. i am honestly scared to even know why someone would want to consume 10,000 calories per day?? are you an olympic athlete?

It seemed such a noble endeavor.
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Why would you purposefully overfeed by 7000+ calories? Even if you were bulking and a "hard gainer" that's overkill. I'm sure I've eaten close to that during a binge, but I wouldn't put myself through that on purpose.

I don't plan to eat like that every day, it's more like once a lifetime thing.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    cheldadex wrote: »
    .. i am honestly scared to even know why someone would want to consume 10,000 calories per day?? are you an olympic athlete?

It seemed such a noble endeavor.
    usmcmp wrote: »

I don't plan to eat like that every day, it's more like once a lifetime thing.

So sort of like how people climb Everest? You're sitting at a party and people are bragging about life achievements such as getting their PhD, climbing Everest, competing in bodybuilding, and your claim to fame is plowing through 10,000 calories.

If you're going to do it stick to high fat foods, it's your only hope.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    He's just young and wants to do this with his buddies.

He's like... Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke.

Without the prison.

Or his piercing eyes.

My suggestion is to just google calorie dense foods....
  • yskaldir
    Options
    Uhh.. Well.. doesn't sound like a great achievement to me, especially coming from a binge eating disorder background for most of my life.. It's like a mental award for just honestly being a pig. I don't even know why an adult would even wanna do it let alone brag about it..

Well I don't have a binge eating background so I guess it's ok for me then.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Huh? I thought he was talking about a 10k race at first. What in the world?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I've seen these videos on YouTube and I absolutely do not get it. It's such a pointless waste of time and a horridly first world kinda grossness.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    He's just young and wants to do this with his buddies.

He's like... Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke.

Without the prison.

Or his piercing eyes.

My suggestion is to just google calorie dense foods....

... i didn't realize 43 years old was the new young...
    My apologies, my expectations must be way too high..

43?? Good God.

....hahahahahhahahaha.

Ignore me!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    No wonder you felt sick. Not sure what the question is!
  • Demenseotf
    Demenseotf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure butter is the most energy dense food so about 1.4kg of it should be about 10k Calories. Though I'm not a doctor but I don't think this is good for you.