Coffee creamer!!!!

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    232good wrote: »
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    There are lots of yummy options for pretty low calories.

So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer - plain, hazelnut or french vanilla. 25 calories per Tbsp.
    Silk Almond Milk Creamer - plain, vanilla or caramel. 15 calories per Tbsp.
    Coffee Mate Natural Bliss - lots of flavors at about 30 calories per Tbsp. Nothing fake only milk, cream & a little sugar.

Mostly I switch between the coconut milk and the almond milk creamers. My current favorite is the Silk Almond Milk creamer. Since I only drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day, that's a pretty low calories for some serious coffee enjoyment. <3

Thanks! Where do you usually find the natural bliss??

I found it at Safeway, but I think most major grocery chains in the US would carry it. I have a harder time finding the flavored coconut milk creamer. I live in a smallish town with only 2 grocery stores and only one (not Safeway) carries the flavored ones, and they don't always have it in stock. I usually buy 3 or 4 at a time when they do because the expiry date is several months out.

In a nod to the Brits (my husband is one) I also drink black tea with the flavored creamer once in awhile. My mum-in-law was quite aghast when she offered me tea and I told her "just plain with no milk or sugar". I learned to like it sweetened just to please her. ;)
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Have you tried flavored coffee without the cream? Green mountain makes a hazlenut that is pretty good.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla cashew milk here....
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm very picky about my coffee. I only like the one I like, I've tried them all. I just allow myself 105 calories each morning to have my 2 cups of coffee with my french vanilla international delight lol.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    jbrown2339 wrote: »
    I use mini moos. They are little packages of ultra pasteurized cream

Where do you find these??

I think I bought them at Target or Safeway - they are in the boxed creamer area.
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to be an International Delight addict...now I do BLACK coffee at home... if we go to restaurant I allow myself one little pod in first cup then a half and half in my second cup and as they go by an refill it it gets less and less creamer and more black coffee.... I do not feel bad about it at all because I know at home it is all black. I do add cocoa powder (unsweetened) if it is a cold snowy day and I just want a little zip in my coffee... and to be totally truthful...I gave myself the month from Thanks giving to Christmas to have SUGARFREE PUMPKIN SPICE COFFEE CREAMER....it was like heaven...I will do it again in November...hmmm thats only 8 months away!!!!yummmo
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    So I was thinking about doing Whole 30, and in preparation started drinking my coffee black...and guess what? I don't miss the creamer or sugar! Try it!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    If you have a Kroger around you - you should try Carbmaster Vanilla milk. It's 60 calories in a cup and 11 grams of protein. I drink 1/4c in my coffee every morning.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I used to use the sugar free coffee mate stuff until it started making me feel sick to my stomach. It was good though.

Now I just use regular half n half, but I make sure to measure it out by tablespoon and it ends up 1 tablespoon per cup is perfect for me.

I've also gone like a whole year before with drinking it black. Sometimes it's good black, sometimes I like creamer.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    LZMiner wrote: »
    So I was thinking about doing Whole 30, and in preparation started drinking my coffee black...and guess what? I don't miss the creamer or sugar! Try it!

I think it might depend on the coffee - like I mentioned upthread, my hubby started buying cheap stuff and it's disgusting on its own! We're going to stop buying it at all, though, to save a little money, so I guess that'll save me 70 calories a day... ;)

@RaeBeeBaby I'm British and I can drink tea black, but only some types! I had to experiment with little samples from Bulk Barn, but I settled on Earl Grey and Assam as my favourites. I don't like drinking my normal Tetley without milk! And I really don't like cream or creamer in tea... I've tried (accidentally!) and it was just weird... ;)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

This is what I use. Our currently I am actually using unsweetened vanilla almond cashew milk. It's s little thicker than just almond milk.

I agree that this may be a good alternative. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I just bought some for an oatmeal bake recipe and don't know what to do with the leftover. I used it for cereal this morning. 4 oz is only 16 calories. If I used creamer (I drink coffee black) this would be low calorie - unless you pour lots of creamer. I also find it sweeter than milk - which is why I just cannot drink it. I prefer my milk as a skim bovine product.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I make a mix of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and regular full cream milk every morning. 350ml milk and 200ml almond milk, and i use that throughout the day. I really dislike just the almond milk in tea and coffee, it's too watery. We don't have straight up cashew milk here (I've heard it's creamier).

The only way i can drink black tea/coffee is if i add a couple tsp of sugar to each cup, I'd just rather use milk.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Help! I need healthy coffee creamer alternatives or at least creamer that doesn't have a zillion calories, or toons of fake sugar. Thoughts? Thank you!

1/2 and 1/2...milk...drink it black.
  • adriennechristy777
    adriennechristy777 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder http://www.bobsredmill.com/non-fat-dry-milk-powder.html Stay away from that wierd creamer stuff-- just read the ingredients. Only one ingredient here! Also-- please read the ingredients on any "healthy nut milk" they add all sorts of weird stuff, best to make your own with nuts and water in a nutribullet or blender!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I understand this question. I consume admittedly a lot of creamer, and I just make sure it fits into my calories. We have a starbucks brew machine at work so the coffee is always strong to me, even cutting it with water (I don't drink coffee at home, so I'm not buying a machine to test coffees I might enjoy - I already do that with ciders :wink: ). International Delights salted caramel mocha is my favorite, but hard to find, and full of calories, natural bliss was good, but I tended to go through a lot of that too. I've started seeing it at Target, Publix and Harris Teeter.
    I did make my own once which wasn't horrible but used heavy cream. I may look into doing that again as long as it has enough flavor, I assume using 1%, skim or almond milk as the carrier will work.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Powdered nonfat milk or evaporated nonfat milk are natural choices and don't dilute the coffee, if that matters to you. (I mean unsweetened canned milk, not the thick sweetened stuff.)

I make my coffee a little strong and use regular nonfat milk.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I use chocolate almond milk
  • Taura1966
    Taura1966 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I recommend UNSWEETENED almond (or cashew) milk and 100% pure stevia.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I use fat free half and half with a little sprinkle of cinnamon or vanilla extract.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

@RaeBeeBaby I'm British and I can drink tea black, but only some types! I had to experiment with little samples from Bulk Barn, but I settled on Earl Grey and Assam as my favourites. I don't like drinking my normal Tetley without milk! And I really don't like cream or creamer in tea... I've tried (accidentally!) and it was just weird... ;)

Now that I think about it my husband's mum always used regular milk, too.