Recipes for autoimmune diseases

ayoublm
ayoublm Posts: 7 Member
Recently diagnosed with Stills Disease, a rare autoimmune disease. Looking for low carb, low sodium recipes to reduce water retention.

I am also lactose and gluten intolerant and usually need to modify recipes I find online.

Replies

• shelbilee21
    shelbilee21 Posts: 1 Member
    I need the same for my autoimmune disease called adem and the steroiss are making me gain and im fighting that too
  • dpg2503
    dpg2503 Posts: 20 Member
    I too have an autoimmune disease, I'm 100,% sure i hold more weight because of it. I can be on 1200 cals a day, exercising daily and it's hell getting it off. I avoid all processes carbs to avoid water retention, please try...
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    I have ankloysing spondylitis (they thought I had Still's disease when the AS first hit). I use Whole30, Paleo, and AIP recipes. I find with a higher fat (think 50%), low carb, no added sugar, fresh food diet I feel a LOT better! I am in the processing to eliminating soda and sugars. I can't believe how much sugar in everything! It was in canned peas, frozen chicken breasts, etc. Since you are lactose and gluten intolerant it sounds like Whole30 and AIP recipes will be right up your alley.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Agree with af_wife - try whole30 diet. I have an autoimmune disease, psoriasis, and have seen a geniuine decrease in symptoms as a result of maintaining this lifestyle. As a bonus, my recent blood work also showed decreased likelihood of diabetes and lower bad cholesterol, too!
  • ayoublm
    ayoublm Posts: 7 Member
    I'll look into the whole30 diet for sure. Thanks!
  • bernitom
    bernitom Posts: 2 Member
    antiphospholipid syndrome here..on high dose of coumadin to help control it..no greens here...haven't had a real salad in 11 years
  • JoT2013
    JoT2013 Posts: 55 Member
    Interested to read any recipes posted (Lupus SLE and a host of other illnesses)