Replies

• isabellapanzica9387
    isabellapanzica9387 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Around 150 days
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    buglesalmoncatgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow. Cool. Based on all this feedback, I hope to get there by late June (maybe late July, depending on how strict I am). I'm 171lbs. I lost 4lbs during this first week, although I believe there was some water weight too. My goal is 140lbs. My net average for the week is 1290 calories.
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost a bunch of weight, I went from 240 to 185 (55 lbs) in about 7 months. Of course, I was about 43 at the time, and had finally gotten my sleep apnea under control. The increased sleep and metabolism had the weight dropping off like crazy (along with the help of MFP, 3 mile walks, and a dietary change). This time around, after letting a Master's program become my excuse to get lazy and eat crappy, I'm dropping on average 2 lbs per week, following the same basic regimen as last time, only more aggressive exercise, since I'm now pushing 50. Using MFP to track calories, set your loss goals (total and weekly) and using the recipe section, along with daily exercise, 30 lbs should take around 15-18 weeks.
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    Options
    So inspiring. Thank you!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    This is going to vary based on how much a person has to lose. For me, starting at 300, it took 3-4 months. For someone who has "only" 30 to lose, it will take much longer. Just like my last 30 took a lot longer than my first 30. Try not to get hung up on how your rate compares to someone else's.
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 7 months to lose 36 pounds. It's been up and down. Some weeks I've lost nothing, some weeks I've lost a whole bunch. It can feel as though it's taking for ever sometimes, and you can look at yourself and think "where have I lost the weight?!" The key is to just keep pushing on and take it a day at a time. When I look back on those months ago, I am so glad that I am no longer where I started and health-wise, I am so much better off.. No more aching back, no more struggling to walk up a flight of stairs or walk up a slight hill. The question is, how long will it take to lose the other 34 pounds... that's a humdinger...

I have tried to lose weight in the past, but not over 30 pounds (not successfully) as I went about it all wrong and tried to under eat and over exercise. One can only last so long living this way.

I don't know if these are the answers you're looking for but I wish you the greatest success on your journey. With the adventures that life packs in, the time losing your desired amount of weight will fly by, I'm sure.
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That website ^^^ is amazing!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and 5'2" - it took me 5 months to lose 30 pounds (I've lost about 40 total). That was with exercise - started logging here and exercising at the same time.
  • buglesalmoncatgirl
    Options
    You are all so helpful. Thank you!
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    took from May when I signed up to November ish. averaged about 1.25 pound per week. But now I'm plateaued but still tracking and weighing. I know I will keep losing...just a matter of time.
  • jroy1999
    jroy1999 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and have 30lbs total to lose. So far I have lost 13lbs of that in 2 months. My settings have me losing 1.5 lbs a week--I'm not quite there, but pretty close. With warmer weather coming, I'm hoping to generally be more active and reach goal by June. I lost that much in high school, but haven't had to lose it again aside to lose the baby weight from my pregnancies (which was closer to about 10-15lbs two times and this time I let it get away from me!). I'm 40 with 3 kids, so life sometimes gets the best of me, lol.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    1.1lbs/week on average so approximately 27 weeks, once 4 years(ish) ago. Lost 37lbs, decided that was too low and settled at 140 (32lb loss). Maintained for several years and then gained 14 back over one hell of a year.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I lost a little over 30 in about 4 months.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Wow. Cool. Based on all this feedback, I hope to get there by late June (maybe late July, depending on how strict I am). I'm 171lbs. I lost 4lbs during this first week, although I believe there was some water weight too. My goal is 140lbs. My net average for the week is 1290 calories.

How tall are you? I'm 5'9 and starting weight was 172.4. Goal weight ended up being 140. Took, as I said 6 months on about 1550 net (1800 total at least). Pushing much faster than 1lb/week is not going to be fun, and will reduce your BMR at least a little, when its your last 30. YMMV. Good luck!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    91 days this time. I started at 254lbs on Oct 30th and hit 224 on Jan 29th. Should mention I'm 5'3 and trying to get down to 130.
  • elizabethmcr
    elizabethmcr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just short of a year. I've had to loose 15-30 after each of my three pregnancies. I feel loosing slowly can be frustrating but it's easier to solidify those good habits and to maintain the weight loss.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I lost 30 in about 4 months. But I'm taller than you (5' 6") and probably wasn't eating enough as I was fairly miserable. But I didn't know any better at the time. And Weight Watchers sent me down an 1100 calorie a day path without me knowing it (since they use points not calories). If I were doing it again, I would want it to take at least 6 months.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and 5 foot 7 and went from 165 to 130 in about 8 months last year. I set a lb a week target until the last 10-15 then dropped it to .5lb per week. Felt like a crawl towards the end but got there in mid-December
  • Bentforkx
    Bentforkx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    30 pounds over 4 months, (the Christmas season plateau'd me for a while) :)
    Now "Recomping" the rest of my body.
    Good luck!!
    :)
  • lauralee328
    lauralee328 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for motivation. I'm 32 years old, 5'4", female, work a desk job, and have 30lbs to lose (again). How long did it take you to lose 30lbs? Have you had to do it more than once in your life?

I'm almost exactly five months in and I've lost 23 pounds. I am 5'6", 55 years old, and now weigh 146. Yes, I have dieted before (always calorie counting in various forms--that's what works), but until now, I have never lost much because I couldn't stick to it long enough. This time, I am doing Intermittent Fasting, and for me, it's been the best diet ever. FWIW, I don't think it's realistic for any woman who works a desk job to expect to lose more than a pound a week. Hoping to lose more is, IMO, setting up for failure. And as you get closer to your goal, the weight will come off even more slowly. I am down to the last 10 pounds, and it's slowing down to closer to a half pound a week.