LOOKING FOR FRIENDS WHO WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT BY FOOD ALONE

Options
Tshadee
Tshadee Posts: 16 Member
No excercise... My daily meal is not even accepted by MFP because its under 1200 calories but I lose weight like crazy and I never get hungry. Join me!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    So you're promoting wildly undereating to lose weight rapidly like it's a good thing?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Eating under 1200 calories to lose weight is just not necessary.

It shouldn't be that hard. To eat that little you can't really fit in the foods you like or fit in a meal out with family.

Longer term that will make you quit as it not sustainable or make you binge.

You are also risking health issues as fitting in the bodies nutritional needs to that many calories is almost impossible.
  • Tshadee
    Options
    I wouldnt call 1190 undereating. I call it fasting. And you only do it 3 days a week.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Considering MFP lets you close your diary as long as you're over 1000, I don't think that's accurate.
  • Tshadee
    Options
    500 calories for 3 days they dont let me close... Then 1190 rest of the days. I never close my food diary.
  • Tshadee
    Options

It shouldn't be that hard. To eat that little you can't really fit in the foods you like or fit in a meal out with family.

You are also risking health issues as fitting in the bodies nutritional needs to that many calories is almost impossible.

Remember our bodies are not the same. So my BMI put me on 1200... So I go slightly under for 4 days then extremely under for 3 days. With 2 peotein, 1 carb or starch, 2 fruit, 2 vegetables for 4 days. I eat lunch and dinner only.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    The idea of intermittent fasting is to eat at maintenance on non-fasting days, not to be eating at a reasonable deficit on non-fasting then extreme deficit on fasting. If you mean your BMR is 1200, you shouldn't be eating under that - that's how much you need to stay alive in a coma. You're undereating.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Tshadee wrote: »
    500 calories for 3 days they dont let me close... Then 1190 rest of the days. I never close my food diary.

that means you're under eating by a massive amount.

and with no exercise you'll be burning muscle as well so you'll end up smaller, malnutritioned and still squishy.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options

If I did my math right, that averages to 894.29 calories a day. Absolutely no one should be eating like that without a doctor's supervision. Inviting random people to join you at this caloric intake is not a safe thing to do.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Remember our bodies are not the same. So my BMI put me on 1200... So I go slightly under for 4 days then extremely under for 3 days. With 2 peotein, 1 carb or starch, 2 fruit, 2 vegetables for 4 days. I eat lunch and dinner only.
    Our bodies all work in the same way. It is simple science.

If you carry on like this you will either quit or become ill.

Your BMI didn't put you on anything. You chose how much weight to lose a week and MFP just applied the maths to this.
    If you chose 0.5lb a week it minuses 250 calories. 1lb a week 500 calories and 2lb a week it will minus a whopping 1000 calories a day.
    You've had that calculated to 1200 yet your trying to eat drastically even under that.

You really don't have to.

• Tshadee
    Options
    This was very insightful you guys. Thank you.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this ! I cannot exercise much due to being permanently disabled (distracted driver in SUV vs. Little old me on my bicycle). As well as the inactivity I am on four medications and each of them cause weight gain of 10-20lbs...so 40-80lbs. I gained 42lbs whilst bedridden which put me from the lower end of healthy BMI to 2lbs into the start of the Overweight BMI. Thank goodness I had been mindful and just naturally ate a lot less or it would have been worse. I am now mostly housebound but can move about easier, so I have since lost almost half of that (18lbs) putting me back into healthy BMI (barely) but I want to get back to being at least in the middle or lower half of the healthy range. Since I can only walk a little bit as exercise and even then it is something like 3miles/wk due to fatigue/injuries (grr! Today's massive exercise was yesterday's random stroll not even considered part of my exercise routine). So, it's gotta be adjusting my food that will do it. I figured this app will help me get accustomed to a right level of eating to accomplish that goal.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

Sounds like you're trying to do an IF protocol but you're not doing it correctly. You need to alternate the low calorie days with maintenance calorie level days. So for me-when I was doing ADF I alternated between 300-500 calorie days, with 1,800-2,000 calorie days. You really need to up the calories on your 'up' days.