Eating clean, NOT working!?!?

Options
jmgabbard
jmgabbard Posts: 19 Member
Anyone else eating clean and NOT losing weight or inches??? I have only been trying this clean eating thing for a little over a week but have seen NO changes in my body measurements or the scale! Actually, the scale is creeping up! I'm lifting weights but have done very little cardio. I'm disappointed. I really thought cleaning out the processed food would make a big difference, quickly. :(

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    i think you are panicking. Just think.. you are working out and eating clean. You will lose weight..you will get smaller. These habits are nothing but great for your health and body.

1. Lifting weights make you retain water for two to six weeks causing the scale not to move..but you will get smaller.. and weight will drop when your body adjusts.

2. Give eating clean more than a week..let your body adjust.

your concern is why I don't weigh myself right now. I just plug along..dong what makes sense.. I'm getting smaller..and I just keep trying what makes sense. exercise, keeping within my calories.
  • jmgabbard
    jmgabbard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I don't expect huge results w/in days but I would think that cutting out so much processed food would give me some kind of change/result fairly quickly. Everything I read says people are losing a few lbs/wk and are seeing even better results in their measurements. I guess I feel a little helpless. I have a VERY hard time losing weight and have only been successful so far w/ the help of weight loss medication, which my Dr. now says my BMI is not considered high enough to continue. I still have another 30lbs to lose at least to be w/in a healthy weight range though.
    Stats: Height - 5'1, Starting weight - 184lbs, Current weight - 155 (and creeping up!), Age-35
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    well..could be you've done some damage to your system with diet pills and such. you are doing the right thing now and it will take time..but your body will respond and heal...

I understand how obsessive it all can be when you weigh all the time and try to figure it all out at once. It just takes time.. maybe stay off the scale so you don't drive yourself crazy. most importantly.. you don't want to drive yourself into another fad diet or diet pill "solution" and end up worse off.

you can do this.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    ^^ True. But dont forget that making a drastic change in the amount of calories you are eating can crash your metabolism. The best way to do this is to slowly introduce the change.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!