Lost 4 Stone but now want to start counting Macros - 18 years old

Options
I've been eating 1200 calories a day and go along with carbs,fat,protein etc. But today is a day of change! I've been struggling to get rid of those last pounds so when I started reading up on it I saw that I may have been under eating hence my body doesn't want to let go of the last pounds! So after watching some videos. I've calculated my macros and I'm now going to start tracking these for weight loss. I found that most of the time eating 1200 calories was alright for me but after about 2 weeks I would have a 3 day binge! So from now on I'll be eating more and working out 3-5 times a week. Hopefully I don't gain weight as this has been a main issue why I didn't want to track macros but in taking the plunge or should I say lunge (haha) ! I shall weigh myself in two weeks and let you guys know how I'm going on. Let me know if any of you guys have counted macros and how it went for you would appreciate it. Have a good day Xxx

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Counting macros is counting calories in a way.

Carbs and protein both have 4 calories per gram and fats have 9 calories per gram.

It isn't true that you've been under eating or you would be losing weight quickly. Your body does not hold on to the last pounds that way.
    It is just that your deficit gets smaller and you have to be even more accurate with your tracking.
  • remidowu
    remidowu Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Counting macros is counting calories in a way.

Carbs and protein both have 4 calories per gram and fats have 9 calories per gram.

It isn't true that you've been under eating or you would be losing weight quickly. Your body does not hold on to the last pounds that way.
    It is just that your deficit gets smaller and you have to be even more accurate with your tracking.

So what would you recommend i do? Appreciate the post!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Your 3 days binges are more likely to be the culprit of you not being able to reach your goals. Macro splits are personal preference (or performance related if you're an athlete) but the calorie is always king for fat loss.

Reduce your losses to 0.5lbs per week. This should enable you to eat more and still lose unless that's where it bottoms out. If that's the case then there's your incentive to exercise! Exercise means you can eat more and still maintain your deficit.

If you're not using a food scale to weigh all solids, do it. Your margins at this stage are a lot tighter and any errors can easily wipe out a small deficit.

Start strength training of some description, that will give you far more dramatic physical changes than losing the last few pounds.