Put on Your Shoes

Options
BiggDaddy58
BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
Captain's Log Star date March 1st 2017 (Put on Your Shoes)

It has been ONE full year since I began this journey to get healthier and lose weight.
I started at 308 pounds March 1st 2016 and stepped on that scale today @ 228.0 I am down 80 pounds in one year.
That also takes into account, I did not diet or exercise from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day.
Today's photo is so appropriate. Change starts with your underwear.
To put it another way, last year My Dr. gave me sound advice.
He said "put on your shoes". He meant, you have to do SOMETHING, anything, just put on your shoes..
Get active, change your diet, go for a walk, but do something!

Put on Your Shoes. I am diabetic (according to my Dr. , as of Jan 2016) I am on no meds. I eat what I want. No low carb, or low fat, or cutting anything out. I just watch how many calories I eat, and I make sure I burn more calories than I eat.

I did cut out pop, or soda if you prefer. I have an occasional diet coke.

I have learned a lot over this past year. If you're thinking about making a health change....DO IT!
Change your underwear...Put on Your Shoes.
You don't need to spend any money for a gym, or pills, or all the *kitten* the weight loss industry promotes for BIG $$$$

Just Put On Your Shoes!

6cx1eqkvc10s.jpg

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    My grandmother used to say something similar. "Time to pull up our socks."

Enjoyed your story. And the Star Ttek reference. :)
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Well done Big Daddy. Working on the pop (soda) part myself. Grew up on the West Coast - we always called it that. That's the addiction for me. It's not all the way gone, but not drinking the equivalent of 5 cans a day anymore; maybe 2 every 5 days at this point...working on getting it gone. Hope to post something similar in a year as you did.

Testimonials are always gold! Thanks for yours.
  • Ewa877129
    Ewa877129 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Silentpadna it takes time. I've gone off and on the drinking pop. I quit then I get stressed and it's my go to to make me feel better. I was amazed by how much money we saved when we didn't buy any pop. My recommendation for when you just want something other than water - do a vitamin water. I prefer the lemon flavored. Just sweet and tangy enough to curb my desire for a pop.
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @BiggDaddy58
    I also started last January 2016. As of today down, 83.2 pounds. You are absolutely right! It doesn't cost money, it does take getting your head in the game and valuing yourself enough to put in the effort to stay within your calorie range. Repeat day after day.
  • ACSelkie
    ACSelkie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    congrats and thanks for posting... today I put on my shoes! and close my wallet! :)
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job!1 I love this - my one year is coming up in April and I haven't lost what I had hoped but I have made progress! I love the meme and I think it is time to put my shoes back on!!
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    inspiring story...thank you...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!