NEED MOTIVATION TO START-OVER!!!

Options
carlyne0813
carlyne0813 Posts: 14 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
I had tried to slim down from a 63kg (63kg is too much for a short person like me) to 52kg not-so-ideal-but-I-am-satisfied body. THEN, i wasted my 3 months effort by spending one whole year eating rubbish that I had craved for so long. So here I am now, 58kg, middle of 52 and 63. Started-over with my slimming route again, and today is my 3rd day, with whole brain thinking of high calorie food. I'm gonna put my slimmed down picture everywhere to remind myself to BEHAVE! BYE MCDONALD'S, BYE NASI LEMAK, BYE ROTI CANAI, BYE INSTANT MEE, BYE CHAO KUEW TEOW! PLEASEEEE GUYS, IF YOU SEE MY POST, GIVE ME SOME MOTIVATIONS OR ADVICES OR JUST CALL ME A FAT A.S.S WILL DO!

Replies

• bbraete
    bbraete Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Like you, I'm starting over. I lost 70lbs but gained back 20lbs in 3 months.
  • carlyne0813
    Options
    bbraete wrote: »
    Like you, I'm starting over. I lost 70lbs but gained back 20lbs in 3 months.

Yes, c'mon we can do it!
  • rgrossma2016
    rgrossma2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble starting over. If I take a bite of anything after dinner, I'm on a binge.
  • carlyne0813
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    MFP isn't for a while! You'll have to do it for most your life if you want to keep the weight off!
    But think.. (I'm gonna use my settings as an example) if you aim to lose 2lb a week and that gives you an allowance of 1200 cal then of course your choices will be limited, you can indulge in high cal foods but you will eat up your calories and be hungry. (I once ate a McDonald's for lunch, it totalled 1100 calories!! Pretty much my whole DAILY allowance.)
    After a week I made smarter choices and found I was not hungry because I was spacing out my calories throughout the day!

But as soon as I lose my extra weight, that goes up to 2000 cal to maintain and then I can have more treats!

So today I know there's a donut on the side for me!
    And if it doesn't fit in my calories I'll either save it for a day where it will fit OR, workout after or at some point in the day to make room for it!
    My calorie limit is 1200 but I eat about 1500 and work off 300.

I hope this helps, pretty long reply!

Btw the craving for high cal foods will wear off! It's just the amount of sugar in them you're craving! And if you see it as just a sugar craving not a craving for that particular food then you know it's your body trying to sway your mind into thinking you want it!
    MFP isn't for a while! You'll have to do it for most your life if you want to keep the weight off!
    But think.. (I'm gonna use my settings as an example) if you aim to lose 2lb a week and that gives you an allowance of 1200 cal then of course your choices will be limited, you can indulge in high cal foods but you will eat up your calories and be hungry. (I once ate a McDonald's for lunch, it totalled 1100 calories!! Pretty much my whole DAILY allowance.)
    After a week I made smarter choices and found I was not hungry because I was spacing out my calories throughout the day!

But as soon as I lose my extra weight, that goes up to 2000 cal to maintain and then I can have more treats!

So today I know there's a donut on the side for me!
    And if it doesn't fit in my calories I'll either save it for a day where it will fit OR, workout after or at some point in the day to make room for it!
    My calorie limit is 1200 but I eat about 1500 and work off 300.

I hope this helps, pretty long reply!

Btw the craving for high cal foods will wear off! It's just the amount of sugar in them you're craving! And if you see it as just a sugar craving not a craving for that particular food then you know it's your body trying to sway your mind into thinking you want it!

Thanks for the advice!
  • carlyne0813
    Options
    I'm having trouble starting over. If I take a bite of anything after dinner, I'm on a binge.

Maybe you can try to drink more waters to fill up your tummy after having your dinner, I have my bottles with me anytime anywhere so that whenever I start craving for something or feeling hungry at the wrong timing, I will start drinking. (Idk if it works on you or not)

Also, you may try to play psychology with your ownself, such as putting a photo of slim model or yourself as your phone's background and keep reminding from taking in unnecessary calories if you want to hit your target as planned
  • carlyne0813
    Options
    PS. I'm going to the gym today! I'm having that effing donut!

I might not able to stop eating donuts, like literally taking all six in a pack which takes me another few days of gym work out
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Lost down to where I wanted two years ago, quit logging my calories, now I am back up a little above what I had originally started at!! First year was kind of OK, then the last year was horrible. I could see myself doing it, but... So, I started logging again last Monday. As Bex said above, once I get to my weight, I should be able to up the calories some, but just not go overboard. Here is to starting over....
  • rkteal
    rkteal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us are in the same boat, however, Don't ever give up! You know what you need to do, so DO IT! Be strong and reward yourself. When you think about high carb food, remember what it takes to burn it off! Drink lots of water. I like to drink juice cut half with calorie free flavored water. Substitute high carb with high protein.
  • hannahontheleftcoast
    hannahontheleftcoast Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    omg i totally feel this! i lost 50lbs and i feel like i cant lose more because i cant stop eating freaking ice cream!
  • muzikrazyman
    muzikrazyman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a dude thats been skinny my whole life, looking at Lip on the American version of Shameless and his life mirroring mine has got me on 2 weeks-worth of working out to look SOMEWHAT muscular like that by the time summer rolls around. Just find a celebrity or even an instragram model or someone that you admire physically and keep them or a picture in your mind throughout the day. it's helped me immensely both in and out of the gym.
    And you shouldnt tell people to call you fat *kitten*. Even jokingly, it hurts your self-esteem and subconciously puts doubt in your mind. I know it used to hurt me, now I'm staying positive and its working better.
    Good luck!
  • FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've done it from 62 kilos to now 52.5 i still need to loose 2 kilos (i m very short). Try fo find healthy food that you like for instance I added a lot of avocados and sweet potatoes to my diet, it helped me feeling satisfied as I love it so much (so very little junk food temptations and if any I would indulge without taking the piss) . The most important though for me is exercising and very little booze - worked like a charm. I was more of a fat belly ...
  • carlyne0813
    Options
    rkteal wrote: »
    I think a lot of us are in the same boat, however, Don't ever give up! You know what you need to do, so DO IT! Be strong and reward yourself. When you think about high carb food, remember what it takes to burn it off! Drink lots of water. I like to drink juice cut half with calorie free flavored water. Substitute high carb with high protein.

Yes! Thanks for the motivation. My mind has stopped thinking about high carb food unless there is someone eating beside me LOL! I have been always looking at my calorie and nutrient intake while restricting myself from having unnecessary cheat meal too frequent by thinking the consequences of it from time to time. (Mom said I'm a little bit over LOL). Also, I started to bring along waters whenever I go so I won't forget to drink them.
  • carlyne0813
    Options
    omg i totally feel this! i lost 50lbs and i feel like i cant lose more because i cant stop eating freaking ice cream!
    Ice cream isn't my cup of tea but chocolate and cakes are. LOL. 50lbs is a a lot! I lost 24lbs and it ceased no matter how hard i try. lol
  • carlyne0813
    Options
    As a dude thats been skinny my whole life, looking at Lip on the American version of Shameless and his life mirroring mine has got me on 2 weeks-worth of working out to look SOMEWHAT muscular like that by the time summer rolls around. Just find a celebrity or even an instragram model or someone that you admire physically and keep them or a picture in your mind throughout the day. it's helped me immensely both in and out of the gym.
    And you shouldnt tell people to call you fat *kitten*. Even jokingly, it hurts your self-esteem and subconciously puts doubt in your mind. I know it used to hurt me, now I'm staying positive and its working better.
    Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I am somehow a happy-going and not a pessimistic person, so somehow only spanking comment would motivate me, LOL. But I will try not to do that again.
    Yeah, I have been keeping some celebrities and my own old pictures as phone's wallpaper, it really helps tho!
  • carlyne0813
    Options
    CarShelley wrote: »
    I've done it from 62 kilos to now 52.5 i still need to loose 2 kilos (i m very short). Try fo find healthy food that you like for instance I added a lot of avocados and sweet potatoes to my diet, it helped me feeling satisfied as I love it so much (so very little junk food temptations and if any I would indulge without taking the piss) . The most important though for me is exercising and very little booze - worked like a charm. I was more of a fat belly ...

Oh my god, I guess we are almost in the same boat hahaha. Used to lost as much weight as you, but when I reached 52-53kg, no matter how hard I work out and maintain my healthy diet, it did not go down any further. It made me feel kinda frustrating as my original target was to go down to 48-49kg. For one whole year, I had stressed about my final year project, so when stress came, there would be desserts, and I even quit gym. That's how I got back to 58kg until I found out that my clothes were too small for me, LOL. So now I have been eating even healthier than I used too, and work out more. Losing 2kilos in one week, I feel satisfied now as long as it is going down. LOL