Trying to lose 60lbs in one year =)

Options
So the smiley face does not truly reflect how I feel about this. Long story long:
Several years ago I was anorexic and bulimic, and after a long and horrible experience gaining weight while recovering, I was finally happy and stayed at a healthy weight for about a year. I felt ok about my body, but it's only looking back now and seeing pictures and remembering how much I was loving life that I can see how great I looked and how excited I was about life. Oh, hindsight :/ Then I had a somewhat traumatic experience, and I let anxiety and depression get the best of me. In a year and a half I have gained about 40 lbs and am truly miserable about it. I've just accepted the fact that it's going to take time to lose this extra weight, as much as I hate to think about that. But now I'm committed to losing weight at a healthy rate and in a healthy way-which I have never done before. So here I am with you fine people. If anyone has had a similar experience or wisdom they'd like to share with me please contact me. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• rainebowsparkles
    rainebowsparkles Posts: 180 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello. Congratulations at starting a healthy way to changing your body. I'm also trying to change the way that I see myself and weight loss.
    I have had my own battles with anorexia and bulimia. For the last 15 years actually. I managed to get over my anorexia but still struggle with bulimia; especially after the birth of my child and a 120+ weight gain with that.
    I'm starting small, deal with no motivation and restarting.
    Losing weight, lifestyle changes and accepting yourself are hard battles. Especially since people are always harder on themselves than anyone else. If you would like someone to talk to I would like that.
  • lawofattraction03
    lawofattraction03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I suffer from anxiety and depression brought on by trauma and I know it's hard to explain to most. I'm trying to lose about the same amount of weight, have experienced eating disorders, and would love to connect with people who have gone through the works and still come out swinging. Good luck!
  • nicolesloas
    nicolesloas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step. I am also a recovering bulimic(since high school). I stopped after I got married. My husband is an amazingly supportive man. I was at a healthy weight when I got pregnant with our first child, and lost all but 10lbs before child #2. Child #2 just turned 4, and I was heavier than at 9 months pregnant with him. I am doing it healthy, and no matter how long it takes I will stick with it. Together we can do it:)
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Options
    Kudos to you, Marie, for doing it the healthy way! I haven't struggled with the eating disorders but I recognize the anxiety and depression that can lead to these dangerous illnesses. You've taken the first step in recognizing your weaknesses and planning for success with your strengths. Wishing you all the best on your life-long health journey!