gained 10 lbs back. sucks...........

Options
in the spring of 2012 about April I started using MFP, lifting weights and started playing ice hockey. I weighed 208 when I started. By mid July I was about 192 which was the lightest I'd be. By September-October I was down to only lifting about 1-2 days a week but I was playing hockey about 3 sometimes 4 days a week. Holidays came and went, and I stopped lifting all together. And I stopped using MFP. But I was still playing hockey about 3-4 days a week. So i figured I may lose some muscle but I should keep the weight off. So fast forward to this July. I have a journal that I used to keep and I noted that after my vacation in July last yearI weighed 192. After my vacation this July I weighed myself and I'm 202. I put 10 lbs back on.

I really need to lose the 10 I put on plus about 15-20 more after that. For health reasons. I don't know if I'll ever be disciplined enough to do it. Last year when i started I lost the first 10 easy but I was really sedentary when I started and I was only taking in around 1500-1600 a day. I eventually worked my way up to about 2200 a day when I was at my most active. lifting 2-3 days a week, hockey 2-3 days a week.

don't know what i'm looking for here. maybe just a swift kick in the butt to get motivated again. Should I start off with a big time deficit again?

Replies

• flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have had a tun of big changes in my life in the last year. After having 4 kids I was up to 204 and I worked really hard to start getting all that baby weight off. I was down 45 lbs as of last July. Then the changes in my life started hitting. I just let everything slide, and without realizing it I put back on like 15lbs. I have been trying to get back to some kind of normal, and it has been really tough for me. Just when I get used to things one way a monkey wrench gets thrown in at me! For me food is a comfort. obviously it is I went from 120 to 204 and no that wasn't preggo weight.
    for me what I am doing for the next 2 weeks I am going to mainly just eat and log that way I can see where I am making my mistakes and try to figure out what those triggers are. Then to find better ways to deal with my old habits.
    I would say try and get yourself active again! It hasn't been that long since you used all those muscles and they should bounce back really quick for you. Eat well stay within your calorie range and it should come off in no time!