Nearly 70lbs down - getting there...

Options
tar2323
tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
I would still like to lose another stone or perhaps more (I'll see when I get there), but as I've taken my first ever selfie today, I thought I'd share my progress.

The 'before' pic was taken in February 2016. I was 233lbs. At the beginning of April I began to calorie count and have lost 68lbs so far.

It's not been that hard, but it certainly wasn't quite as easy as it was when I was younger. I'm 55 now, post-menopause and on post-cancer drugs which stop the production of estrogen, which in theory make it harder to lose. I don't think any of that has made much much difference. Slower, but definitely 'doable'.

For anyone interested, the team pic is with my husband and son at the filming of Robot Wars (like the U.S) BattleBots. We had a blast and got into the final. This years series which we are also in starts this weekend on the BBC. Knowing I wanted to look better for the new filming was just one of the many reasons I started this journey. Not the most worthy, admittedly, but honest :)
63zwqn9i6500.jpg
1seccpvndvqd.png

Replies

• elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look fantastic!
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • twobuttonsandabow
    twobuttonsandabow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Those are great before and afters! You look wonderful and much younger! Great job!
  • jatdh1753
    jatdh1753 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amazing - you look great!
  • rkmeyer41
    rkmeyer41 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • hello8642
    hello8642 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations- you look fabulous. Also: robot wars!! V cool- good luck to you all!
  • ibrjohnson
    ibrjohnson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just officially entered menopause and are struggling losing weight. Can you share what ratio, calories and/ or food plan you are following?
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Great work, good luck with the competition!
  • cafisher0404
    cafisher0404 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing congrats!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Transformation is [insert long string of profanities here] INCREDIBLE!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. You also look so much younger! Way to go!!
  • tar2323
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words folks. The journey continues. Here's to the next 14lbs. :)
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for my morning cup of inspiration!!! Your transformation is amazing.. you don't even look like the same person & agree with the other posts, you look much younger!!! Good job!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Terrific work, keep it going!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger...you could pass that selfie off as your daughter
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Congratulations on your success so far =)
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    And good luck on Robot Wars! It's one of my favorite shows, I'll be rooting for you!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    WOW - just wow!
  • tar2323
    Options
    And good luck on Robot Wars! It's one of my favorite shows, I'll be rooting for you!

Thank you! We are in Episode 4 (Team Pulsar). Keep everything crossed for us. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!