How many pounds do you have to loose to go down a size

Options
2»

Replies

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    sahalbur wrote: »
    I'm 5'9 and wear size 12 jeans comfortably and a 10 tight. Currently I am at 192, and when I was at 160 I wore a size 6 comfortably... when I lost weight the first time... no lifting, just strictly diet.

I do a lot of heavy lifting now, when I started at 207 lbs and down to my current weigh of 192, I can start wearing a size 10 somewhat comfortably. Before when I lost the weight fast, I would drop 8-10 pounds and fit into a new size. Now, being 15 pounds down, I have only just now started fitting into a smaller size comfortably.

Of course I have been blessed with large thighs that are super stubborn, so that makes it harder for me to really judge how much weight I need to lose per size, since the majority of my inches down as a result of weight loss have mainly come from my torso, verses legs.

Sizes must be very different where you are. I'm 5'10" and 190lbs and I wear a size 16. I reckon I'd have to be about 150lb to fit a size 10-12

I am 5'7", and am about a 10, at 150 lbs. I would think that at 150, you would be about a 6 or 8.

Not in Australia. I don't even think you can buy a 6. 8 is the smallest (unless you shop in the kids section).
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    sahalbur wrote: »
    I'm 5'9 and wear size 12 jeans comfortably and a 10 tight. Currently I am at 192, and when I was at 160 I wore a size 6 comfortably... when I lost weight the first time... no lifting, just strictly diet.

I do a lot of heavy lifting now, when I started at 207 lbs and down to my current weigh of 192, I can start wearing a size 10 somewhat comfortably. Before when I lost the weight fast, I would drop 8-10 pounds and fit into a new size. Now, being 15 pounds down, I have only just now started fitting into a smaller size comfortably.

Of course I have been blessed with large thighs that are super stubborn, so that makes it harder for me to really judge how much weight I need to lose per size, since the majority of my inches down as a result of weight loss have mainly come from my torso, verses legs.

Sizes must be very different where you are. I'm 5'10" and 190lbs and I wear a size 16. I reckon I'd have to be about 150lb to fit a size 10-12

I am 5'7", and am about a 10, at 150 lbs. I would think that at 150, you would be about a 6 or 8.

Not in Australia. I don't even think you can buy a 6. 8 is the smallest (unless you shop in the kids section).

Oh I didn't realize you were somewhere that had different sizing. That explains it then!
  • grneyeraven
    grneyeraven Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 15lbs=1 pant size for me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I find that the smaller I got, or closer to goal, the fewer pounds I had to lose to change a size.

When I was near 190lbs, I could still wear the same pants 20 lbs lighter. As I got closer to goal, I found that sizes changed in the 5-10 lb range.