Quitting Smoking Cold Turkey

Options
13»

Replies

• Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I tried using an electronic cigarette to help quit smoking and I don't feel like it's a good idea, as I feel I may get addicted to using that instead of a cigarette. I had to work at the restaurant this weekend in the 98 degree kitchen and wound up smoking a couple of cigarettes after two weeks of being good.

Tossing the rest of the pack I bought in the trash and going cold turkey. Wish me luck, and let me know any good pointers for keeping the cravings away.

Goodbye NAS

I really wanted to wish you the best of luck. So many people will say the cold turkey doesn't work for any kind of addiction etc. etc, but for some people, it just works- a nice, clean cut decision and stopping point.

I was very fortunate that, like my mother, I didn't have a real addiction to cigarettes, even though I smoked regularly. I gave up cold turkey 9 years ago and aside from sometimes inhaling a bit vigorously at other people's passive smoke, I have never looked back. My husband also had a lot of joy kicking cigars cold turkey too.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    So just an update to everyone. I wound up having maybe three cigarettes this past friday or saturday and my e-cig was broken. I have since not craved any sort of nicotine at all, and haven't purchased an e-cig replacement yet.

I feel great, and although the urge comes when I'm driving, I am feeling it start to pass.

I'm so excited! 7 days down! :)