Help Fitbit users!

Options
SR1986
SR1986 Posts: 92 Member
Just got my fitbit hr today. It's brand new from ebay. Wasn't about to pay almost $200 for something with bells and whistles I don't need. Trying to be as frugal as possible! Lol. Anyway, where I log my exercise it makes me put in how many calories burned. How am I supposed to know that before the workout? Also, what's the calorie adjustment thing at the bottom where you log exercises? Like, I turned it on and all the calories I "burn" doing exercises at the top of my diary went to zero and the fitbit thing says -687 or something. I've just been guessing on how many calories I burned using my weight and what other people have burned doing the same exercise and figuring it that way. Anyway, any help any of you could give me would be super great. I'm Uber confused about this whole thing. Thanks!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you sync your fitbit and mfp together you could skip logging exercise altogether and just let FitBit do it automatically.

Sounds like you have negative calories enabled. So early in the day before you're active it will take away calories but as you get more active it will give them back.

Also I believe it takes a few days for fitbit to really get to know you. So things may be a little screwy the first few days but then it starts working more effectively.
  • SR1986
    SR1986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you sync your fitbit and mfp together you could skip logging exercise altogether and just let FitBit do it automatically.

Sounds like you have negative calories enabled. So early in the day before you're active it will take away calories but as you get more active it will give them back.

Also I believe it takes a few days for fitbit to really get to know you. So things may be a little screwy the first few days but then it starts working more effectively.

Thanks! It's all a little confusing. So don't need to log exercises, the fitbit will tell me how many calories I've burned, and really that's what matters right?