Beautiful Behaviors - March 2017

Options

Replies

• KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Had a great day Tuesday....but yesterday! Wow. Stress eating galore.

Back on track today. Checking in to say hello.....

Got March teacher burnout for sure.....with 3-5 inches of heavy snow due in NJ in time for the morning commute. Yay us.

LOL
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    aleahurst wrote: »
    Hello everybody! Arthritis in my hands has kept me from posting for a bit. So, I will up the antiinflammatory foods! (Which include dark chocolate - no overindulgence - just a little).

Love you all!

Lea

Feel better soon!!!!!!!!! <3
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kim. Chocolate fixes everything!

Google fit finally gave me credit for having moved a clothes washer out of the house and down the front steps! Then moved a refrigerator across the house. Puhlease!

Love to all!
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst I sympathize! I have arthritis in my knees and one hip, and weirdly in both my big toes. My mom and sisters all had arthritis in their hands, and it was sad for them to give up the needlework they enjoyed so much. Today's beautiful behavior: plenty of walking, giving lots of positive reinforcement to a new coworker who's feeling a little overwhelmed by the job, and got an actual LETTER IN THE MAIL from my son. A cute, newsy letter with little drawings all over it. I have a happy, happy heart.
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well the many months of just not giving up but not quite doing things the way they need to be for success are starting to resolve! I'm starting to want to stick to my calorie limits again!
  • mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @CT0526 nah, don't sweat it. So many new parents sleep even less normally...the only difference is that my baby is two wheeled carbon and doesn't cry at night. Lol

Well, this morning my wristband was saying 5h 57min sleep so I guess I made it!! Lol Much needed, really.
    I never made it to find time to read but I made that veg tajine I had in mind so sides are done. I am thinking of adding soy once again, I don't like how processed it is but living completely without dairy isn't easy.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    hi, everyone. i'm still here, but not doing well with my choices. struggling, but still fighting... i haven't given up!
  • mir1104
    Options
    @jessiquoi
    Keep hanging in there girl, better choices are there, just reach for them. Make it happen!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @trailgirl777 - that's when it all begins, the want and desire to move forward. You got this.
    @mir1104 - awesome, progress
    @jessiquoi - that's right, you're here so you haven't given up. we all have set backs and we pick ourselves up and push forward. keep trying

Update: Change of Plans - I completed 74 minutes of Legs and Abs last night (instead of cardio). OMG! Getting old is not fun. My knees weren't too happy with me adding so much weight to the bar. I wore my knee sleeve and carried on. I have a huge volleyball tournament Saturday. My team is currently in 2nd place - the first place team is a bunch of 6 foot forever tall 20 year old guys and we have a mix of 40 year olds and 30 something year olds. So I think we are kicking bootay! Kinda sad that I will not have time to workout today because after work is my nephew's 20th birthday party. Will have to practice willpower around the food and cake!

Thought for the day: A person who falls and gets back up is much stronger than a person who never fell. Conquer the day and Happy Friday
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    i made myself a healthy breakfast and a healthy lunch, and dinner is in the crock pot. i may have broken the cycle and coming back into the light. :)
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Hey Kim - did you get any snow??? If it snows here, automatic day off for everyone. Seriously, Arkansans cannot and should not drive in snow.

I want to stick to my calorie range again, too. Someone posted that. Don't recall who, but I agree. I want to challenge myself to a "+/- 200 calories" streak. I've got bigger ideas than ability, so while I'd like to make it last a month, five days may be it. If I push, then six days in a row.

Okay! I'm starting now! This is day one of a six-day-stay-close-to-my-calories winning streak!

Hope you win, Sheri!

Welcome back, Jess!

@mir1104 - you can do it! Try almond, too. Soy can suppress your immune system, which I like, because my immune system is a little hyperactive.

@trailgirl777 - you *could* challenge yourself to a six day winning streak with me. ;)

@dlm4mom - how is it going?

Deb - are you here?

Cath? Feeling any better?

Two are better than one, because if one falls, a friend can help him/her up.

Love to all.

Lea
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst You're not kidding! I was visiting AR during that February ice storm two years ago. It was terrible driving!
  • aleahurst
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oh yeah. That February ice storm was definitely a time to stay home. Or stay overnight at work, which is what I did. These people cannot drive in snow and are happy to stay out of it.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    aleahurst wrote: »
    Hey Kim - did you get any snow??? If it snows here, automatic day off for everyone. Seriously, Arkansans cannot and should not drive in snow.

Here in Spokane WA nothing stops for snow! The kids might get the occasional snow day at school, but the wheels of commerce trudge on! LOL. It was an exhausting winter; we surpassed Buffalo NY's snowfall. But we had a couple days of warming, then some rain, and most of the giant piles of ice are gone.

My beautiful behavior: I weighed this morning and gained a pound. Reaction: WTF and immediate anger and feeling like giving up. Second reaction: Okay, obviously I'm not tracking correctly... I already knew that... so I reboot and do better. Made good food choices today, was in a really great mood and had fun at work, realized life does not revolve around a 16 oz. change in the scale.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @AlisalGal - I do love walking in snow! I did it often as a kid, growing up in the north.

• trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst I will so take that challenge - 1 day below calorie limit yesterday so 1 of 6 success!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Awesome @trailgirl777 !
  • mir1104
    Options
    Catching up! One day offline and there's plenty to read here.
    OMG reading your comments about snow and ice storms makes me feel so lucky...we get snow, but nothing like that. It's technically spring here, apricot/peach orchards are in blossom and they're beautiful.

@happysherri
    How did they tourneament go?

@jessiquoi
    Way to go! I hate to say you "can" do it...you WILL do it!

@aleahurst
    How is the calorie thing going? I feel better when I stay around the same number for a few days without bouncing up and down.

Uh oh...I didn't know that about soy, thank you. Definitely going to try almond, sounds like a much better choice.

I'm feeling so much better today, I can tell when lactose has left my system, which is this morning. I'm just about to go swimming and looking forward a session that won't be timed too closely so I may actually chat up a little.
    Then I totally mean to spend the afternoon snoozing and reading.

Happy with how I'm doing this weekend, I didn't stick to any diet except that of common sense, to be honest it worked. Also turned down an offer of pizza to prefer veggies!
    Training wasn't perfect but my coach said I'm still recovering from the last race and it was actually ok. Eyes on the ball.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Whoa!!! About 5 hours of Volleyball. My team kept winning so we kept moving up. We ended in 2nd place with the last match going to an extra game. I didn't get home until 1am. I'm pooped and sore!

I did eat at the gym yesterday because I was starving during and after the games. It was free pizza night so I had 2 small pieces and a chocolate chip cookie.

Glad to see everyone succeeding and pushing forward.

Thought for the day: Strive for progress not perfection.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    today i took a 1 hr yoga class, first time in years, and i finished it. i plan on going again next week and get this to become a beautiful habit.