Add me- let's support each other!

Options
Hi all!

I'm down 13lbs after struggling with yo-yo diets for years. I've found IIFYM and am finally seeing consistency. The weight loss is getting harder now and I really need some motivation and friends who are looking to loose around about about the same as me- 20lbs and will be encouraging and looking for support

Replies

• dorchitt
    dorchitt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to have more support in this department. I seem to do better when I have someone to talk to or compete against. I have been on my fitness pal off and on for a handful of years now and have been unable to stay on and obtain my goals if interested feel free to friend.
  • Kaylalou87
    Kaylalou87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's great- I will def add you! What are your goals then? X
  • Kaylalou87
    Options
    @FitLaughLove I've been doing IIFYM religiously since January 1st- it's the first 'diet' I've ever stuck to and seen real results. I also do Crossfit 5 x a week but I always have- even at my heaviest. X
  • TiffanyDanny
    TiffanyDanny Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Hey, just hoping to add some new friends to help with recipe ideas and motivation along my journey!
  • TiffanyDanny
    Options
    I have always struggled with weight loss and now that I am mid 20's losing weight fast is not as easy as before. I've also decided that I'm ready to make healthy eating an actual lifestyle and not just temporary diet for quick results. For lent I plan to give up junk food and simply eat whole foods...hence "whole 30". I would love to encourage and be encouraged!
  • TiffanyDanny
    Options
    Can you explain what IIFYM is? Also, I've been interested in cross fit but a little intimidated. :s How long have you been active in it and what are some changes you've noticed since joining? @Kaylalou87
  • Kaylalou87
    Options
    @TiffanyDanny I'm 29, I've been doing crossfit for about 4 years, I love it! I think the first class is always a little intimidating but get out of your comfort zone and go check it out! It becomes seriously addictive!!! And it's really fun, great community too so it's a support network all baked in one! IIFYM means -if it fits your macros, you can basically eat any food (I'm keeping it clean though) provided it is within your calorie range and macronutrient breakdown (grams of fat, carbs and protein) - everyone's breakdown is different based on age, weight, height, daily activity and goals xxx
  • Kaylalou87
    Options
    @tiffanydanny crossfit makes you mentally and physically stronger, I'm doing things I never thought I'd be able to- pull ups, handstands and Olympic lifting! Throwing barbells over my head like its second nature- it's amazing!!! Xx
  • jenniferjonesprice
    jenniferjonesprice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to have more IIFYM friends!!
  • Kaylalou87
    Options
    I've added you! :smile:
  • clyn90
    clyn90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! I lost 20lbs so far and have about 10 to go. As I get closer to my goal I am realizing I need to add in more exercise to really get the body I want. Soooo my journey is far from over even tho I am getting close to my goal weight.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Finally got off yo yo dieting and into a lifestyle change June 2015. Lost 60 lbs over about a year and 4 months, and have been on maintenance for 6. I also follow my macros and do both lifting and cardio.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send request ☺
  • nina906
    nina906 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey girl I'm on the same boat. First day back on MFP, hopefully I can stay motivated and lose some weight
  • Taryan23
    Taryan23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi adding you now
  • Kaylalou87
    Options
    Thanks Everyone, hopefully we can all motivate each other! Can't wait to see all your progress :blush: let's do this!!! X
  • cathsjourney
    cathsjourney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey. What's IIFYM?
    I will add you guys as i need some motivation as well.
  • cathsjourney
    cathsjourney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Could you add me? I realised I don't know how to add people hehe :P
  • Determined0613
    Determined0613 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @kaylalou87 hello I am in the same boat I have been wanting to lose weight and had very little motivation but I'm now months away from being 30 and I'm wanting to look better and be healthier. As well as I'm going to be traveling more and would like to be comfortable in a 2 piece bathing suit. My weight has been up and down for as long as I'm can remember but I'm ready for a change and I have been doing great so far with my motivation parented ihave she is awsome it's only been 1 week am I like I wanna see results but I know things like this take time.