Ladies! Show me you Strong Lifts results!

Options
Yesterday was day 1 doing the Strong Lifts program for me and I'm so excited to be lifting again! Show me your progress to help keep me motivated!

My official "Day 1" photos at 221.4 lbs (I'm 5'6"; GW 140)

t09t2bimjatc.jpg
c9l8d9x53miu.jpg

Replies

• salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I started around where your weight is (185 now) and we are the same height! I'm going to be starting lifting today so hopefully I can post some inspiring photos on this thread!
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I used strong lifts at the very very end of my first cut. I got really tiny. In retrospect I should have done 5x5 earlier, when I first started lifting weights, and done a non-linear program during that time. Regardless...76b0da25jnwr.jpgq59b86jpgdhk.jpg

Goals!!!! You look amazing! One day I shall see my abs. I'd settle for the outline at least!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted any before photos, but I was around 150/size 10 for a long time before joining MFP. I have "afters" in my profile.
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I'm 5-7" and was about your same staring weight, 220. 15 months later doing SL 5x5 the whole time and some cardo, I'm now at 148, with 10 to go. Be patient and keep at it.

Inspiring! Can I add you as a friend? I'm also 5'7, and I'm trying to do exactly what you've accomplished! I've been doing SL 5x5 for about 6 weeks, should reach goal weight of 145 around June (CW 158). Once I reach GW I plan to recomp by sticking with my lifting. :)
  • mrsjoyw
    mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in trying SL 5x5 but I want to know for those of you who are doing it, can it be done alone or will you eventually need a partner/spotter?
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've worried about this - my gym now has those safety bars that attach to the rack - I feel much better about going it alone now
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    mrsjoyw wrote: »
    I'm interested in trying SL 5x5 but I want to know for those of you who are doing it, can it be done alone or will you eventually need a partner/spotter?

If there are safety bars it can be done alone. You can just drop the bar off your back if you need to in a squat, but as I lift at home the safeties have saved my floors a few times. The only lift where the safeties or a spotter is absolutely necessary is bench press because you could suffocate if trapped under the bar. That would also depend on how much you lift though. I forgot to raise my safety bars after squatting one day and couldn't get 75 pounds off my chest. Because it wasn't that heavy I could just roll it off me, but it was extremely unpleasant rolling 75 pounds over me from chest to knees.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I've never had a spotter. I have had to use the safety bars on a couple of failed squats and bench, though.
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Like others said, the safety pins work. I always check their height just as I check the height I prefer the bar. I failed squats for the first time on Friday and it went seamlessly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!