Back on track

Hi everyone! My name is Bri. I'm 27 years old and living in Chicago, Illinois. I have been on My Fitness Pal before, but never stuck to anything. I started doing Beachbody programs last May. I gained a lot of muscle and lost a few pounds, but nutrition has really been a HUGE struggle for me, so I wanted the accountability that I know My Fitness Pal can bring! My goal is to lose 100 pounds, which seems impossible right now, but I know anything is possible with hard work and consistency! Would love some accountability from others who are also working on getting their lives together and putting their health first!

My husband and I would like to have a baby in the next year to two years, and I want to be as healthy as I possibly can be before I get pregnant. I know pregnancy weight gain is inevitable, and I'd like to put myself in a healthy position so that if I DO gain, I don't put myself or the baby at risk. I also want to do this for ME. I have been thin before, but I have never been thin and HEALTHY and I think that's crucial, especially as I move toward starting a family. I want to be there for my family for as long as I possibly can be, and the healthier I am, the more likely that goal is possible.

Anyway, that's my story. Can't wait to hear from all of you <3

-Bri

Replies

• kbaus1010
    kbaus1010 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi Bri! My name is Karen and I have also just made a decision to get back on track. I think doing it for your family is a fantastic idea!! That is also party of my motivation - I have 2 boys and I want to be with them as long as possible. Feel free to add me, I could use an accountability partner!
  • Rockitdumbo
    Rockitdumbo Posts: 8 Member
    Hi bri
    Great start. Always confindent when we start.
    How's it going now?
    This is my 5th day.
    Fed up with clothes looking horrid and my knees hurting lol.
    Donna
  • DrinkMixer35
    DrinkMixer35 Posts: 19 Member
    Nothing is impossible! I can speak from experience when saying that there is a vast wealth of motivation and support from the MFP community. Feel free to add me. I'd be privileged to cheer you on!
  • happyone4
    happyone4 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Bri! I am getting back on track as well. I would love to have an accountability partner as well. Feel free to add me if you like. I am 46 years old, mom of 3 and wife of one! I also have a pet pig who lives in my house :smile: He's a great guy.
  • pedermj2002
    pedermj2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Hi Bri! I'm nearing the end of the weight loss aspect of my journey, but I'm happy to help others do similar. I've lost 54lbs (as of this morning) using the tools provided by this place. Feel free to add me, and I'll help keep you on the right path!