Anyone else caffeine free?

Options
I hate coffee (have tried all different types, I feel like), very much dislike soda and it burns my throat, and most recently I stopped taking pre work out since I work out late at nights and it keeps me from falling asleep. I feel like when I tell people I don't drink any caffeine they don't believe me. Just want to see if I'm the only one or not!

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I did a period where all I had was green tea which I think has very little caffeine. I slipped back into having coffee and diet sodas when I went back to grad school.
    I have met a few people who don't do any caffeine. I don't know how they do it, but whatever works I guess!
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I do not consume caffeine (unless you count chocolate, haha). I feel like it does more harm for my body than good. Drinking plenty of water and doing a quick morning workout is enough to give me the energy I need throughout the day! :)
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm mostly caffeine free.

I love coffee and tea, but caffeine triggers anxiety attacks for me, so I drink decaf coffee once or twice a week (which still has some caffeine, obv, but not enough to trigger me if I stick to 1 cup).

I do have black tea very rarely, under controlled circumstances.

I mostly cut out soft drinks when I started tracking my calories, but when I was drinking them, I chose uncaffeinated drinks like ginger ale and Sierra Mist.
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% caffeine free but in some periods I have very little, mostly because I don't really like coffee but I only drink it when I need to be awake.

What is it that people don't believe?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nope. I would die.

It's weird that people don't believe you, though. People be weird.
  • sammylar1
    sammylar1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cups of regular coffee in the morning ~ and for the rest of the day I am caffeine free. I like a coffee in the morning and I can't seem to find a good de-caf that doesn't cost almost 2x more than regular.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    So true, sammylar1, good decaf is so pricey! And the cheap stuff has such an awful chemical taste.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Nope. I would die.

People around me would die for sure...
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I used to be caffeine free till I started working late nights in the projection booth of a movie theater. It all spiraled from there! Now I don't drink anything with caffeine except for coffee. But I love coffee. During this last fall I realized how bad it's gotten when I went camping with the cub scouts and didn't have any coffee the first morning (or day)....I had to leave and spend the night at home (thankfully the boy scout ranch is only 30 minutes away) because I was so sick from a headache. I couldn't even stand at the camp fire while the older boys did their ceremonial burning of the old haggard flags. So now I'm working on cutting back by just drinking one big cup first thing in the morning and then decaf from then on. I don't care about cutting it out all together but I also want to be able to go one day without having withdrawals.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but I could have been. Caffeine does nothing for me; I just like the taste and warmth of tea and coffee.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking coffee 2 weeks ago. I love Kwik Trips coffee and I was drinking 20 ounces every morning.
    I have had no caffeine withdrawal at all. No reason for quitting, and I probably would have gone back to drinking it if I started to get caffeine headaches, but so far, so good.
    I am just drinking water now. Personal choice and I love ice water.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Nope. I would die.

People around me would die for sure...

^^^ this for sure!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    So true, sammylar1, good decaf is so pricey! And the cheap stuff has such an awful chemical taste.

I've found the decaf coffee we've been getting at work doesn't really have much of a taste. I use French vanilla creamer and I really just feel like I'm drinking plain hot water with creamer in it, lol.
  • staff052509
    staff052509 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm totally caffeine free. No coffee/tea, no soda, no chocolate, etc. I did it one step at a time and gradually decreased so I wouldn't have such bad withdrawals. Saying goodbye to soda was the hardest part, I think!
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm totally caffeine free. No coffee/tea, no soda, no chocolate, etc. I did it one step at a time and gradually decreased so I wouldn't have such bad withdrawals. Saying goodbye to soda was the hardest part, I think!

do you not like chocolate very much or do you think your benefits from this choice are greater than the pleasure of chocolate?
    I am asking because I am curious, I love chocolate very much and I don't deprive myself from it (in small amounts) even in the periods where I cut calories, so I couldn't imagine giving it up!
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I hate coffee (have tried all different types, I feel like), very much dislike soda and it burns my throat, and most recently I stopped taking pre work out since I work out late at nights and it keeps me from falling asleep. I feel like when I tell people I don't drink any caffeine they don't believe me. Just want to see if I'm the only one or not!

When I started losing weight I cut out all caffeine (and I used to drink a ton of caffeine) cold turkey. Still dont have any. I haven't had anyone look at me weird for it though. I now drink only water.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's not weird at all. My brother spent several years in/after high school as Straight Edge (not taking in any form of alcohol or drugs, including caffeine). I personally can't stand coffee or tea, but I drink 1-2 sodas a day
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I would rather die than stop caffeine.

An exaggeration but only a little bit ;)
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am caffeine free....not by choice though.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Nope. I would die.

I guess because I may have a lot on my plate in their minds. Like I'm a mom, I go to the gym, take guitar classes, go to church (and volunteer every week), and then me and my husband are always doing stuff on the weekends. Sometimes I wish I liked coffee and energy drinks/sodas for a mini boost of energy but I guess I always looked at food for energy.

I do eat dark chocolate though. Sorry, forgot about this one! So not 100% caffeine free but close to it!