calories

Options
Hi, I have been doing MFP for 1 full week! Yay me...I was going to weigh myself but my monthly friend paid me a fabulous visit so I am going to wait until Sunday. I'm eating 1550 calories a day, I'm thinking about food a lot and I NEVER had that issue being on weight watchers. I haven't been able to lose weight for a long time and in one week I see a small difference..any suggestions? when I was hungry on ww I'd snack on vegetables because they were free, nothing is free here...

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Are you asking for suggestions to stop thinking about food? Are you actually hungry or just ruminating? If you're hungry, work out some low calorie, high volume options that fit into your calorie goal. If you're ruminating, find something else to do - go for a walk, pick up a hobby etc.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Im def hungry
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I was eating between 1800-2000 calories a day and cut them to 1550...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Have you just cut down the volume of what you were eating (I mean, eating less of the same stuff) or have you tried to make some lower calorie swaps? I'm a volume eater, so simply eating less of the same doesn't do it for me - I need to bulk things out and make them go further.

Just because you need to track veggies now doesn't mean they aren't low calorie enough to be eating a bunch of. Source some lower calorie snacks that provide volume (air popped popcorn, corn thins etc). Look at some of the higher calorie items in your day and consider if you're getting enough bang for your buck - could you swap to something lower calorie that will provide more volume?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I eat this protein bar, it's 190 calories but 25 grams of protein, I think I'm going to swap that for some lettuce, cucumber and cottage cheese...something more filling...i eat a lot of veggies at night, I'd say 250 calories worth, they're very filling to me with a protein..
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I think u r right about swapping the higher calorie food for lower...more bang for your buck...i might not hit my protein macros then...i guess it doesn't matter
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I need salads and veggies and some protein in it