Need more supportive friends

Options
I had gastric sleeve surgery in Oct 2016 for serious health reasons. Anyone want to make a new friend so we can support each other? Others with gastric sleeve surgery certainly most welcome. My weight has stalled after losing 40 pounds. Hope someone befriends me!!!

Replies

• ourboxerangelz
    ourboxerangelz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I haven't had gastric surgery but I'm on 1200 cal a day doctor plan with med's lost 34 lbs so far since Oct 2016 and now I'm stuck can't seem to stop the cravings even with the med's. I'll befriend you if your interested.
  • Awarfield65
    Awarfield65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll do my best to encourage anyone!! You can get through this. You haven't stalled, you've just reached another hurdle to get over. You've come a long way from surgery!! You've gotten over many hurdles just recovering from that! Someone once said - your life isn't over til you're 6 feet under - keep going!! My best suggestion is to try therapy. Many people scoff at it, but it does help! I was shocked when my therapist helped me figure out many of my obstacles, I didn't realize that I had (if that makes sense). I'm now on medication for bindge eating. It has changed my life!! Depression is gone, I'm full of energy and creativity. I've only dropped 8 lbs in a month, but hay baby steps.
    **note about therapists: if the first one doesn't "feel" right, ask for another. My first one tried to tell me my husband was the root of my problems - He's my rock!! And she said "I haven't done my job if you haven't cried" !! I didn't go back to her!
    Best of luck!!