Not new but making an introduction

Options
I'm 496 pounds and my goal weight is 200 pounds. This means I want to lose 295 pounds. I have been inactive and eating 50/50 unhealthy and healthy my entire life. That and some bad habits have lead me to bring morbidly obese. I have been trying to successfully start eating mostly clean whole unprocessed foods and also at or under a specific number of calories over and over again but I constantly fail at it. My journey is and has been difficult because honestly I feel like I don't care if I die and that it is too hard to go from being a sedentary couch potato who overeats junk food and unhealthy processed foods to a healthy and active female who eats mostly clean whole unprocessed foods. I wake up everyday not wanting to do anything but eat, lay down, look at my smartphone or watch the tv. My mindset towards weight loss is pass negative, it's in not caring enough to do something about it. I don't want to get in the 500+ pound community, make my family sad, and I would like to see myself with a six pack of abs in the mirror one day are literally my only thoughts when it comes to my WHY that gets me started.

Replies

• raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Break it down into realistic achievable steps that don't require drastic wholesale changes. I'd start out eating mostly the way you do now, but cut the total calories consumed so you start losing weight. In other words don't worry about the "healthy clean" eating so much now as the total calories consumed. Trying to change to much to soon invites failure in my opinion. Once you see success and are disciplined on the calorie side you can introduce other changes. That's my two cents.
  • Cherylhealthy
    Cherylhealthy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You can do this, you need to do this. Good luck, one day at a time and stick with it
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Yes Lad, add me if you fancy a little spurring on. I'm not the greatest example - I probably drink too much and my diary isn't the cleanest, but I'm good for a laugh and alleviating the stress that comes with it sometimes.