women where do you get your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I buy Danskin at Walmart. I try to buy them on the clearance racks so they only cost me $5.00 or less.

I love the Danskin pants. I get my t-shirts from Target.

Interesting -- are there Danskin products in Canada? I remember reading about their stuff in previous threads, so I scoured my local Walmart for some of the workout stuff last time I was there, and I couldn't find any.

Yes, I got a few things from Costco. Yoga pants for my daughter and a zip up sweater for me. I just got them about 4 months ago, but so far they are holding up well.
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Winners always has a good selection at low prices. I get most of my workout clothes from there.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You can find some great (and name brand) stuff at TJ Maxx, it's just hit or miss depending on the day. I have lots of stuff from there that is really good stuff.

I get my sports bras either from Under Armour, Moving Comfort (my favorite) or Road Runner Sports (their brand).

I love and wear all the time my Danskin capris from Wal*Mart. I also have several tanks from there - cheap and they have worn very, very well.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Marshal's, love that place. Shoes I get from Zappos, Amazon or Sport's Authority.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Danskin from walmart, Champion from target, old navy and TJmax. Everyonce in awhile I will splurge on something at an athletic store but it is all abou the same quality. I have had my old navy yoga pants for years and they still look good.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Walmart, mostly. I'm going to get them all sweaty and shrink out of them anyway, why shell out for fancy designer stuff? Once I get to a point where I want to maintain my weight, maybe I'll bother with that. I got my running shoes at a Shoe Carnival, since that's the closest thing to a specialty store I have near me.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I used to buy expensive nike and UA shorts and tanks from ****'s or Academy. Now I can find the same items at my local thrift store for .99 and never used. I am addicted to workout clothes and wear them daily so I don't feel guilty for spending .99 or 2.00 on a pair of new nike gyms shorts.
  • pbrahan
    pbrahan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    TARGET!
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike capris and I use Under Armour shirts for the most part :)
  • GLady1980
    GLady1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just go to walmart. They have an exercise clothing section, they fit pretty good and don't cost a lot.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Besides t-shirts, I get my workout clothes from TJ Maxx, Ross, or Target. I have some Nike shorts that I've had for years that I got at D*cks.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I usually wear yoga pants from Target or Old Navy and a men's a line tank top if I'm doing yoga or working out at home with dvds. I wear a regular tshirt and yoga pants or old basketball shorts if I go to a gym and workout in front of people. I do have some technical stuff, but I only get it if it is on sale or at outlet stores. There is no difference between $100 yoga pants and $30 yoga pants!

I do shell out for sports bras since I am top heavy and don't need any black eyes!
  • Nyoei
    Nyoei Posts: 8
    Options
    Asda, menswear section. I am wearing some xl mens lounge pants, mens cotton briefs (they are fantastic for workouts ladies!) and an old t shirt from when I was MUCH bigger than I am now. I can never bring myself to throw away anything that isn't worn into shreds. Asda do nifty sports bras too and everything is very cheap:)
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Isnt under armour expensive? I'm in canada so we dont have JC Penny or TJ MAX here.

Under Armour can be expensive depending on what you get, but I will say this: I've tried a LOT of other brands because I didn't want to pay for Under Armour. I eventually bought some Under Armour compression capris because I got tired of ALL of my other pants falling off during Zumba and while running. (They just work their way down, you know?) I LOVED them. They look awesome! So I thought, "why not try a shirt?" LOVED IT. Now I have shorts, tanks, racerback, sports bras, and socks. They do exactly what they say they are going to do, they FIT, and they are flattering! I don't have to tug at my clothes anymore because they're creeping out of place halfway through my workout. I feel like I spend a good part of my day covered in sweat before I can shower. I at least wanna dry out quick and look good doing it, dammit! I may have to save up for my next Under Armour purchase, but I'd rather do that than continue what I was doing before, cheaping out on workout clothes "hoping" to find the brand that is just like Under Armour without the price tag....there isn't one that I've found. I was wasting more money searching. Under Armour all the way for me. :drinker:

(It may sound like I work for Under Armour...:laugh: ...I don't! I'm just a satisfied customer.)
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I hate to even give up my 'secret' but they have knock off LuLuLemon yoga pants at Costco that are AWESOME and $16. Yes, I have real LLL, so I can compare the two. I actually prefer the Costco brand ones, believe it or not. They are definitely meant to be similar - right down to a very similar symbol on the tag.

My favorite tops are Under Armour (especially the twist tank).
    I have a couple from Old Navy that are ok.
    My other favorite tank tops (again, surprise!) are Danskin from Walmart. I think they are $6 for the tanktops. (But I just looked online and they don't have the one I like on there) They wash well, and I can even dry them and they don't shrink (I don't dry most of my workout gear).
    For dri-fit tshirts, Champion at Target.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TJMAXX FTMFW

I have some of the most amazing workout pants- 16-25$ from there. LURV.

All my tanks are from Old Navy or from Target- love the long and lean ones.

Old nayv pants don't fit me at all... so Target Premium (worth the extra 10$) and TJMaxx. I beat the **** out of my workout clothes- I'm in them 7 days a week- so yeah- I have a lot and I can't stand buying 80$ pants.

Only dance clothes am I willing to drop a dime on. and yes- I pay 80-150$ per item easily.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Target usually. Sometimes TJMaxx, Kohls, JCP...
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Mine are from H & M. It's way cheaper than what they have at the sports stores.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight I got most of my workout clothes from Old Navy. Now that I'm close to goal I shop at a Reebok outlet store and I get fantastic deals from there. I like matching my shoes with my clothes and I always a lot of compliments of what I put together.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret when they have sales and coupons with free shipping. My gear consists of their yoga leggings and studio tanks. So comfortable and still looks decent. I love the colors the tanks come in. Especially the acid green! I get my bras from Champion. Again, on if the site is having a sale with free shipping or if Sport Authority is having a sale or coupon. I rip through stuff so often that I hate paying full price for something, but I still like to feel a little cute. So fun colors are a must for me.