PCOS help

Options
Hi , i was recently diagnosed with PCOS and I researched and found that it can easily make you gain weight. Is it true? Will birth control pills help with this?
I am so worried .

Replies

• 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My PCOS was diagnosed over 20 yrs ago. Everyone's different so don't let the doctors or internet scare ya!! For me the only noticeable symptom is irregular periods. :)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Weight gain can be a symptom of PCOS, but that doesn't mean it will affect everyone in that way. I have had most of the common symptoms.
  • lzehner14
    lzehner14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Birth control pills will help with regulating PCOS symptoms, but they probably will not help with weight gain. Every body is different, but many people experience weight gain from the hormone changes of being on BC. I still decided to go on them because they have done wonders with controlling the other symptoms. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago and I find that it does make it difficult to lose weight, however I am within a healthy BMI for someone of my height and haven't noticed any significant weight gain simply from having pcos. Don't be worried it's super manageable and very common!!
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    06cindy wrote: »
    My PCOS was diagnosed over 20 yrs ago. Everyone's different so don't let the doctors or internet scare ya!! For me the only noticeable symptom is irregular periods. :)

Thank you ! For now , my symptoms are acne and irregular periods but many people claim that they cant manage their weight
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    Weight gain can be a symptom of PCOS, but that doesn't mean it will affect everyone in that way. I have had most of the common symptoms.

Thanks!
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    lzehner14 wrote: »
    Birth control pills will help with regulating PCOS symptoms, but they probably will not help with weight gain. Every body is different, but many people experience weight gain from the hormone changes of being on BC. I still decided to go on them because they have done wonders with controlling the other symptoms. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago and I find that it does make it difficult to lose weight, however I am within a healthy BMI for someone of my height and haven't noticed any significant weight gain simply from having pcos. Don't be worried it's super manageable and very common!!

Thanks ! Does it make it difficult to maintain your weight?
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I have pcod diagnosed in 1990 I gained weight easily but back then I could lose easily too