Serious plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Half an inch off your waist is solid proof that you are gaining muscle and losing fat. Keep going. Progress can slow but you will break through your plateau if you just stay fit, motivated and enjoy the process
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Half an inch off your waist is solid proof that you are gaining muscle and losing fat. Keep going. Progress can slow but you will break through your plateau if you just stay fit, motivated and enjoy the process

you can still lose fat and not gain muscle and not lose weight. Thats whats happening with me atm(and what happened in the past when I took a break from lifting). now if she is eating in a surplus/maintenance then yes,its possible its muscle. But there are no guarantees unless she had a scan done before and after to gauge if she gained any lean mass
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

you can still lose fat and not gain muscle and not lose weight. Thats whats happening with me atm(and what happened in the past when I took a break from lifting). now if she is eating in a surplus/maintenance then yes,its possible its muscle. But there are no guarantees unless she had a scan done before and after to gauge if she gained any lean mass

Using only calipers and measuring tape I'm supposedly at 2lb LBM gain and down 20lb...but most of that happened prior to November. I had a scan but that was when I started and since they aren't cheap I wasnt planning on getting another until I hit a year in May.

I wanted to be down 30lb with a 5lb LBM as my goal by then. Owell...I'll get there eventually
  • SCoil123
    Options
    SCoil,

Can you tell me a little bit about your meal plan? What do you usually eat training days and non-training days? How many calories, and if you calculate macros how much protein, carbs, and fat?

[Edited by MFP Mods]

It changed this week. Maintenance cals with at least 100g of protein on weight training days and 250-500 cal deficit on other days without stressing on macros. I work out 6-7 days a week. I do weights 4 days with 2 devoted to upper body and 2 devoted to lower, Insanity max 30 twice a week, then once a week I do yoga if I'm home or take it off if we go out as a family.

I had been on LCHF plan with a 300 cal deficit every day regardless of routine.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »

Using only calipers and measuring tape I'm supposedly at 2lb LBM gain and down 20lb...but most of that happened prior to November. I had a scan but that was when I started and since they aren't cheap I wasnt planning on getting another until I hit a year in May.

I wanted to be down 30lb with a 5lb LBM as my goal by then. Owell...I'll get there eventually

calipers and measuring tapes arent accurate there is still a percentage error. the only real way to know is dexa scan or something like that. there still were be a percentage it may be off but it will be more accurate.since before november its possible you could have gained 2 lb of LBM. but 2 lbs is not a lot per se and its hard to gauge that little of muscle.

just keep doing what you are doing. but if you are in a deficit by now its going to be hard to gain muscle.if not doing a recomp(eating in maintenance) its going to take a while to lose fat and gain muscle. its a really slow process which is why most suggest bulk/cut cycles.
  • SCoil123
    Options
    Follow up:
    Feeling more encouraged about this process. I have had a few people this week ask me about what I'm doing and how much weight I've lost recently. I have only lost 3lb since my plateau (whoosh last week). Them asking lets me know though that even though the scale isnt moving I am getting results and people are noticing which feels great.