Going through a miscarriage

Options
Turtle208
Turtle208 Posts: 2 Member
I was in the hospital and found out I lost my second baby on February 24th. I was 9 weeks. I'm going through it especially cause the doctor came in looking happy and then said I miscarried but I was confused so I asked him why he would think I'd be happy. He goes on to say I don't think you should have a baby at your weight. I'm 202 pounds. I know I have a ways to go but I'm really upset all I want to do is eat my sadness away.

Replies

• lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I lost a baby in 2013. I still remember the due date. It's one of the hardest things I've ever gone through. Its rough but surround yourself with positive people and the good things in your life. Take it a day at a time, the pain will ease up.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking tonight about how awful my two miscarriages I went through about 8 years ago and how I had no idea then that one day I would be healed from that. I am sorry you have to experience this. It is one of those things that anyone who hasn't gone through can ever possibly understand. The person above who said that it does get better is right. She also said that grieving is important and she is correct about that too. No matter what insensitive things people say allow yourself whatever space and time you need.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    My sister lost her son at 14 weeks due to multiple doctors incompetence and misdiagnosis of an infection that could have been treated. It's been almost 10 months since and I still cry myself to sleep some nights. I'm so sorry for your loss and your doctors insensitivity. Take it one day at a time. There's no time limit on mourning.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I had a miscarriage as well. The sadness that comes with that is unexplainable. When I went to the hospital the way he told me was absolutely different from what you went through and I'm really sorry you had a doctor who's insensitivity and assholeness made you feel worse. The last thing we need at the moment is more guilt. We start blaming ourselves but these things happen. 3 out of 4 females go through this... ALL shapes and sizes. So don't blame yourself. I used alcohol to cope and I think it's normal for us to try to drown our sorrows in the only thing we know how. Try to confide in a friend. That has made a difference in me. The sadness never really goes away but I can tell you it gets better as each day goes by.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been through this more than once, and had other issues with doctors.

So first. It sounds like time to fire a doctor(if your health plan allows)
    Second. take whatever time you need to grieve.