Trying to lose the belly pooch.

Options
Hello, I'm trying to flatten out the belly pooch that I have. Though it is not super massive, it is still there. Does anyone have any excercices or tips on how to lose it. I can't really do crunches cause of my back, yeah I'm 19 but my back is in a bad shape. So, any tips or advice would be utterly appreciated in my goal to lose it and flatten it out. :) Thank you.

Replies

• ec1396
    ec1396 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe try doing ab work outs that don't put strain on your back as much, so focus on sitting up straight and lifting your legs and holding, and plank if you can. Leaning back a bit with your legs raised and then either holding a medicine ball or a weight rotate your body from side to side while also using your head to look down at either side of the hips as you put the weight on either side of your body. Cardio is also a way to lose weight all over the body in general, but the strength exercising will just help to tone targeted areas. I'm aiming to get rid of my tummy chub too. Hope that helps?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Maintaining a deficit is the only way you will lose fat, you can't spot target a particular area sadly. Stick to your calorie goal and make sure it's a sustainable plan that you can keep to, instead of a crash diet that will result in your re-gaining.

In terms of exercise, strength training of some kind will help tone the muscle you have and may help it to to appear more toned. Cardio generally burns more calories than strength training so will help you maintain the deficit if you're struggling with eating less.

I couldn't do crunches for a while I found a 5 min standing abs video (HASFIT) on youtube that isn't too high impact, but its worth discussing with your doctor if you intend to start any new exercise with an existing injury.
  • luciekline
    luciekline Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix!! I'm on day 3 and have lost 3 lbs!