Realist

I have not been able to make that "lifestyle change" in order to lose weight. I can lose it, but bad habits come back...If anyone else out there is like me, please introduce yourself! I also need to figure out how to prioritize exercise! I am a mother of three young kids. I am realistic about the fact that making a real change will be necessary to lose weight and keep it off.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I'm a single mom and know that balancing kids' needs with my own can be tough. I work to make fitness a family thing (hikes, walks, riding bikes). I also give up my lunch hour at work to go to the gym then eat on the way back to work. I think of it as an appointment that I have to go to and I walk in there with a written copy of what I have to accomplish.

Eating is a large portion of the battle though. No matter how much exercise you get you'll never stay on top of it if your food is out of control. Plan your food for the whole week in advance and log your meals the day before (I do it right before bed after the kids are asleep). Knowing what you are eating in advance keeps you on track.