Not losing much....

Options
2»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Your bmr is about 1650, and if you are truly sedentary/inactive then your body only uses about 2000-2050 calories worth of energy in a day. That means at best you could hope to lose 1.5 pounds a week with calorie restriction. Considering there is bound to be some error in logging, and water weight may be masking some of your results, showing 3 pounds lost in 1 month is pretty good in my opinion.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend tightening up the logging. I find myself continuously fine-tuning my measuring, to the point that I even have a digital pocket scale that I use in restaurants and potlucks - it's still not 100% perfect but it helps me a lot and when I'm not sure what exactly is in a recipe, I choose the match that has the highest calories.

Weigh all solids, measure all liquids and powders. I weigh fruit and veggies too and have stopped using generic "medium banana" or whatever.
  • BridgetteM14
    BridgetteM14 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am turning 40 in a few months and I've been having a harder time losing weight than in my past. I started 5 weeks ago and am only down 5 pounds. 5 years ago I could lose 10 pounds in a week or 2.
    HEIGHT 5.4
    SW 200
    CW 195
    There's definitely some great advice on this thread! Knowing I'm not alone in this journey helps me, I like adding friends and watching/reading their journey helps keep me going.