HELP!

Options
What do you do when it is that TOM and all you want to do is eat?

Replies

• ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I know! I'm right there with you. It does not even matter WHAT I'm stuffng in my mouth as long as I'm continually chewing. So, for me it helps to keep busy and away from the food source! I also do a lot of research in the food database, so at least there is a small rational voice trying to tame the beast within. Sometimes, the little voice wins, sometimes the beast does. I try not to beat myself up about it though.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I know what you mean.

1) Chew lots and lots of gum (personally, I don't like gum, but some people do this).

2) Drink tons of fluids. Not only does this keep you full, it helps you drop the water weight quickly after TOM is gone.

3) Find a hobby. I found that if I was just doing nothing (ie, searching around on Facebook, being bored) it was WAAAYYY to easy to roam around the house eating.

4) Remove yourself from the situation. If the food in your house is tempting, leave. Keep the money and credit/debit cards at home, then go for a walk. You will burn calories, and (since you have no money) you won't be tempted to buy food.
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I tend to do the same thing, just make sure what you put in is good food, and try and workout, it helps a ton during tom :) and dont worry too much, it only comes once a month and after that just work extra hard to eat right , you can do it!!!