Seeing is understanding

Options
I just started yesterday tracking my intake. Wow, seeing the numbers I do understand how I got this way now. I never thought I ate much but its not that it is what I eat! I do great just grabbing something but its in all that processed food that I eat that is so crazy. I have so much to learn about food. Learn while you're young. Teach those habits to your children. I'm over 60 and am just figuring it out now. But I am and that is all that matters.

Replies

• JustMissTracyToo
    JustMissTracyToo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So nice to see you here!! Don't hate me, but....

It isn't 'what' you're eating, it really is how much, and possibly how little you are moving. As long as you eat LESS calories than you burn, you WILL lose weight.

The positive is that now that you've found MFP, your chances of success have increased hugely!! Watch those numbers, try to stick to your goals, and you can't help but to lose!!!!

Good luck!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Logging can really open your eyes, can't it?

For me, it's been about moderation. I still eat "processed foods" but I also eat plenty of low-calorie/high-volume things so that I get my nutrition with fewer calories while eating the foods that I like or close approximations.

You can do this!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    OP age is not a barrier. I'm 69. Welcome to MFP. Stick with it everyday, increase activity just walking is fine, a digital foodscale is a must. Very good luck to you.
  • SP72680
    SP72680 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!