Depressing- went out for breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think you can shave a couple or few hundred calories off that estimate.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I'm sad, my daily calories are so high now! am actually going to McDonalds tomorrow, so I looked through their menu in advance. Looks like the cheese burgers/hamburgers are alright.

I think this is actually part of the problem of the modern era. Since I've been on here it amazes me to see that everyone eats breakfast at McDonalds, lunch at another place, dinner somewhere else. About 95% of my meals are at home. Perhaps I'm just old or old fashioned.

That's good for you. My aunt cannot cook. She lives alone and eats about every meal out. Others do as well.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'd cut the oil altogether and half the avocado.

But yeah, it happens. Eating out is a calorie bomb. Exercise, expect to eat at maintenance today, and rock on.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm sad, my daily calories are so high now! am actually going to McDonalds tomorrow, so I looked through their menu in advance. Looks like the cheese burgers/hamburgers are alright.

So you know to make better choices next time, in the grand scheme of things eating a large meal is not something to be sad about.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We found a great little seafood place close to home where I order the grilled mahi mahi, brown rice and roasted zucchini...........about 450 calories, including the garlic butter sauce they put on the fish. Basically the same kind of dinner I eat at home except I got the night off as Chef at Chez Lulu's.

Even in the US we can find healthy choices if we look for them! ;)

Having said that I do like to splurge a little once every week or two and have the fries or a little dessert or glass of wine.

In the grand scheme of a lifestyle change one meal won't make much of a difference, just don't make a habit of it!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    This looks really good. Change your calories to maintenance for the day. Eat a lighter lunch/dinner and take a long walk. Wake up tomorrow and get back on the wagon. :smile:
  • cjfarborist
    cjfarborist Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah, where is the oil on this meal? In the French fries? That oil is already accounted for, and there is no way a whole avocado is on that sandwich.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    It's revealing when people actually find out calorie counts from many "healthier" breakfasts, lunches, dinners. It's NOT uncommon to eat at any breakfast place and have it go between 600-1200 calories.
    And of course this is one of the reasons that people are so overweight in many industrialized countries.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    [Maybe not "everyone", but a rapidly increasing number of persons, both on here as well as in my daily reality among persons I interact with.

actually, a lot of non-western cultures take it more or less as given. it used to baffle me when a chinese colleague of mine always wanted to go 'out' for lunch, until i put it into the wider context. even in western culture, i think there was a time even within the last century when outsourcing your eating and food prep to the communal arena was pretty normal.

when you think about it, it's probably much more energy-efficient than every individual person cooking every meal that they eat individually. just a vague guess, but it may be only the post-war eisenhower thing that somehow made it an arbitrary 'must' that people should as far as possible have their own personal versions of everything.