Serious question

Options
2»

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    why do you NEED to close out your diary each day?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a difficult time eating enough calories, usually after the exercise is factored in. Because of this the app won't let me "complete" my diary so I end up fudging foods in here (adding stuff I didn't really eat) just so I can complete the diary. It's frustrating. If I eat or drink when I'm not hungry I get physically sick and u comfortable--any ideas?

Hi Candice,

On Android you can click the top right corner on you diary, (where 3 days are displayed) and select 'Complete Diary' even if you haven't hit your targets,

Regards

Lewis

I just tried it. It does the exact same thing whether you do the top right corner, or the button at the bottom of the diary. It says you didn't log enough calories.

The good news is it's not all that useful anyway. If the op is only going to eat what they're going to eat (not condoning it), they don't need the validation of a cell phone app.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    You can't close out your diary if you eat less than 1000 calories. You'll get that message that you're not consuming enough. Independent of exercise calories. Meaning you have to eat/log at least 1000.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    You can't close out your diary if you eat less than 1000 calories. You'll get that message that you're not consuming enough. Independent of exercise calories. Meaning you have to eat/log at least 1000.

Actually no, it still saves it whether you click "complete" or not and regardless of calories logged. I know this from when I was sick and off my food for a few days.

But OP needs to stop starving herself, seriously, and start looking for the middle way between two extremes.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    1.) if it's really about completing your diary, then don't log exercise, but I haven't completed my diary in years, and if your daily streak is what you are worried about, mines at over 500 days so you don't need to complete it to get that.
    2.) a handful of nuts is a lot of calories, or a scoop of ben and jerry's. There are so many foods out there that a little goes a long way in the calorie world.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a difficult time eating enough calories, usually after the exercise is factored in. Because of this the app won't let me "complete" my diary so I end up fudging foods in here (adding stuff I didn't really eat) just so I can complete the diary. It's frustrating. If I eat or drink when I'm not hungry I get physically sick and u comfortable--any ideas?

Why would you enter stuff just to be entering it if you didn't eat it? I complete my diary even if I haven't eaten the allotted calories for the day. I complete my diary each day and sometimes am under the calories for the day and it just pops up a message telling me what I need to be doing differently each time.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    The point of this is to eat in a way that will get you to your goals in a healthy, sustainable way, not to close out your diary every day. Dont worry about it.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Actually no, it still saves it whether you click "complete" or not and regardless of calories logged. I know this from when I was sick and off my food for a few days.

But OP needs to stop starving herself, seriously, and start looking for the middle way between two extremes.

Correct it will save it. I should have just said that the message pops up that you won't receive a 5 week projection nor will it create a newsfeed that your diary is complete AND that you've not consumed enough calories.

I think most of us have gotten it once or twice when sick:(