Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if I could get an answer on if the Garmin chest strap can display real time HR like Polar Flow does, I'd ditch this and get the Garmin.

I have a Fenix 3 HR and a Garmin HRM-run chest strap. The answer to your question is "yes".

Using Polar Flow or some other app? If it is Polar Flow, I will go get one this morning.

The VivoActiveHR HR will receive HR data on ANT+, so Polar straps won't work but others will. Your best bet is a Garmin strap. There is little point in an HRM Run or Tri as the head end can't do anything with the run dynamics data that the accelerometer collects.

I ski with a HRM-Run. The stride length metric seems to work pretty well; short going up hill, long coming down, tracks my speed on the flat. Can even compare the glide of two different skis with it. :smile:
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if I could get an answer on if the Garmin chest strap can display real time HR like Polar Flow does, I'd ditch this and get the Garmin.

I have a Fenix 3 HR and a Garmin HRM-run chest strap. The answer to your question is "yes".

Using Polar Flow or some other app? If it is Polar Flow, I will go get one this morning.

The VivoActiveHR HR will receive HR data on ANT+, so Polar straps won't work but others will. Your best bet is a Garmin strap. There is little point in an HRM Run or Tri as the head end can't do anything with the run dynamics data that the accelerometer collects.

I ski with a HRM-Run. The stride length metric seems to work pretty well; short going up hill, long coming down, tracks my speed on the flat. Can even compare the glide of two different skis with it. :smile:

Indeed, but you're using it with a Fenix head end.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options

This is Garmin hardware so no it doesn't work with the Polar app. I can see real time data from the strap on my watch, and it can be reviewed later on the Garmin Connect app.

Meh. I want it to show on my tablet so I can watch it as I run on a treadmill. I don't want to have to look at my watch. Just a personal preference. Helps me keep my HR under 155 as I don't like it going above that.

Thanks though.

Whatever works for you. For me having the data on my watch allows me to see it no matter what I'm doing (I'm not a treadmill guy).