Mental Toughness for a Round 2

Options
ks_mommaof5
ks_mommaof5 Posts: 73 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
Anyone back in action on MFP for a second or third round? I had tremendous success last year and have wound up gaining back a third of my original weight loss. I've had months of intense stress and wound up coping with carbs and a lack of exercise. The only good news is that I stayed nicotine-free (I'm a 14 months free from smoking) and I also stayed free of refined sugar (18 months). Nevertheless here I am, furious with myself for letting myself slip so far back towards the starting line ... and since I'm super hungry as I cut back to a realistic calorie goal I am quite a bundle of joy. Anyone have advice on how to manage the emotional roller coaster associated with coming back for a second round? Thanks in advance!!! :)

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 4th or 5th round. I think you just get back into it and try not to make yourself feel bad. I know it's hard, but don't compare this round to the others because you'll always fall short. Also, cut your calories back slowly and don't get too upset when you go a little bit over because it's hard eating when and what you want to a reduced calorie diet and being hungry. You've done it before so you can do it again!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Three cheers for you.

You are back- that is a plus,
    You caught your gain before you gained it all back- that's a plus.
    You analyzed why you gained so you can have a plan in place next time you are over stressed- that's a plus.
    You have kept cigarette free- that's a plus.

Start back by accurately logging for a week or two then decrease your calories slowly until you reach your desired deficit. It will be easier than a sudden drop in calories.
    Remember you don't have as much to lose this time so make your deficit 1-.5 lbs a week.

Cheers, h.