Low Carb & Low Sugar Meals

Hello I am new to this site. Am looking for ideas for easy recipes and meals since I work long hours. Appreciate any help ! Thanks

Replies

• Celticmoon67
    Celticmoon67 Posts: 18 Member
    I use romaine lettuce leave in place of bread for sandwiches like blt's or tuna salad, egg salad,or chicken. Sometimes I usually take some lunch meat like turkey breast and roll around a cheesestick. Also handful of almonds or sunflower kernals and maybe some greek yogurt for snack. This has helped me.
    Good luck.
  • gilorosco
    gilorosco Posts: 9 Member
    Trader Joes (if in your area) has a cooked chicken product called "Just Chicken" that has no sugar, and can be used with a lot of other foods for snacking or a meal. I used it daily. Very convenient.
    Are you on a Ketogenic diet?
  • jpcampbell74
    jpcampbell74 Posts: 41 Member
    I have had the best results by just cutting sugar in all forms -including fruit. I also stay away from ALL sugar 'substitutes'.

Using Lettuce as a wrap as mentioned by Celticmoon67 is a great idea.

Knife and fork bacon cheeseburgers are a favorite of mine.

I also do a Taco\burrito bowl.
    Ground Beef>Cheese>Ground Beef>Cheese>Pico de Gallo>Sour Cream

Inside out Chicken Cordon Bleu
    Chicken Breast (Split)
    Cover with
    Ham
    Swiss cheese
    Baked

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There's also a section in the sticky note / launch pad area of this group that has links to several dozen LCHF friendly websites that have free recipes available.