Small town girl from Kansas

Options
Hello everyone, I'm Ginger!

I'm totally loving this site. I started up again after trying it briefly last year. This time I have decided I'm gonna do it! I'm 5' 8" and weigh 242.0. I started my weight loss journey a few weeks ago at 257.2. My first big goal is to get down to 200 and in a size 14-16. I work a full time job and also run my own photography and graphic design studio. Just recently got divorced and have a 16 year old daughter. The hardest part for me is finding "TIME". Its so valuable to me these days.

I would love to make friends and swap stories!

Replies

• abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi Ginger!

I'm Abby, 25 and live in Nashville. I started out a month ago at 194, and am now at 188. My ultimate goal weight is 130, and I hope to achieve this by changing my lifestyle and my goal is to have this accomplished by my 26th birthday next July! I try to work out 5 days a week and log all my food. I have recently given up diet soda and now drink a ton of water. I have also recently been incorporating more veggies into my diet--small changes!

Feel free to add me, i'm very active on this site and love to give/receive support!
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    Howdy Ginger!!!

My name is Steve, and am 27 living in dull, boring, Southern California. Want to be back in Wyoming. I am currently at 345 and have an ultimate goal of 200 with many mini goals along the way. I have been on here a little over to week and have found some truly amazing people. I am all about having some fun and trying my best to get to know people so I can laugh away some of these pounds. Feel free to throw an add my way if you like, or anyone else. Clearly, I will be here a while longer. ;). Hope y'all have a smashing Monday!
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi from another Kansas girl! Congrats on your progress so far!

I'm from Abilene, KS! I mostly travel for work now, but my family is still here, so I come back a couple times a year to see family and friends! I just started Focus T25 from Beachbody, and I really love it. It is under 30 minutes with the cool down, but I still struggle to get through it, so I have a lot to work towards! I have a lot of their programs, but this one seems the most doable for travel. I'm 27, 5'3", and 180 pounds, looking to get to 140, then maybe setting my sights on 125 pounds. I've only been doing this program a week, but when I get discouraged I look at the Success Stories forum, and get tons of motivation to keep going!

Rachel
  • Stormchaser76
    Stormchaser76 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey Abby! It's really nice to meet you! It sounds like you are making some awesome changes. I'm starting out by walking a mile a day over my break at work. I started adding some pilates in the evening. I log in my food everyday! I do give myself a cheat day but its not a go totally crazy cheat day. lol! It's cool that we're starting this at the same time! I look forward to chatting with you! :)
  • Stormchaser76
    Stormchaser76 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just realized there are two more of you! Yay!!! Hi Steve and Rachel! So nice to meet you!

Rachel, I'm only an hour and half away from you. Been to Abilene several times! Focus T25 looks hard! How are you doing with it?

Steve! Wyoming is a place that I have always wanted to visit. I would love to take my horses with me too!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm also from Kansas so if you are looking for a friend that will encourage you and celebrate your victories, feel free to send a request. Best wishes to you in your fitness journey regardless. :)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Rock chalk chickenhawk, SCREW KU!!!!!!! That is all. :bigsmile:
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Amen. Wildcats rule!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What is not to love???? everyone has a lot the same mindset...and we try to support everyone here...Good luck...you are gunna make it to your goal...
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Amen. Wildcats rule!

Incorrect. Wildcats are still in kansas. Try again.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome aboard, or should I say welcome back. Just remember you get out of this what you put into it.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi Ginger. I am glad you are here. I have been on here a little over 3 months and have one and only one goal, to reach my personally chosen goal weight which is 182 lbs. at 6'0". I have lost 69 lbs. which is about 2/3 of the needed 105 lbs. Currently things are going slow due to a major health issues causing a complete and total inability to do ANY type exercise but I am hanging in there.

Small town guy here too and married since forever (34 years). Three adult children and 8 grandchildren.

I wish you luck.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hi Ginger!
    I'm Sue, from western NC. I love this site it is awsome! Welcome back. I'm here everyday for 350 days straight but. I started Feb 2012 at 260 lbs, I'm currently at 190 on my way to 160. Then I will reevaluate. I love this site & have met some of the most awsome people. Yes I'm so addicted to mpf!! Feel free to add me
    Making time for you is sometimes the hardest thing to do but so worth it in the long time!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

....living in a lonely world. Took the midnight train going anywhere...
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options

....living in a lonely world. Took the midnight train going anywhere...

Damn it. Beat me to it!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I seen her in a smoky room.......a smell of wine and cheap perfume....\m/
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Great, all these songs are stuck in my head.

Hold onto that feeling.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    steve-perry-o.gif

It just goes on and on and on and on...
  • rgugs13
    Options

Amen. Wildcats rule!

Go Cats!!! :D
  • rgugs13
    Options
    Wow! I just realized there are two more of you! Yay!!! Hi Steve and Rachel! So nice to meet you!

Rachel, I'm only an hour and half away from you. Been to Abilene several times! Focus T25 looks hard! How are you doing with it?

Steve! Wyoming is a place that I have always wanted to visit. I would love to take my horses with me too!

Ginger, it is killing me but in a good way! I have to modify 80-90% of the time, but I feel really good wiping the pool of sweat up at the end of the workout! I have a lot to work towards, but am not as intimidated as I was with Insanity, which I only did 3 times. It is a good mix.