Cheat Meals??

Options
2»

Replies

• curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yep I have a cheat meal once a week. I weight myself on a thursday morning and thursday night I have pizza for dinner and a can or 2 of full fat coke. Pizza is one of the very few things I dont mess around with. I mean that as its a meal I wont try and make low fat or healthy. Pizza is pizza and I know its high fat. So I never even log it, kinda takes the fun out of it if I get a takeaway pizza and Im trying to work out the calories and weigh it etc. And its the one time a week I drink fizzy juice as I refuse to drink diet coke as I dont get on with the artificial sweetners. Its my motivation to be good the rest of the week.

And I have several friends who have always been slim and healthy but they still occasionally splurge and go for meals out and not think about the calories or fat content of their meal. So I dont think its something that just people who are losing weight do, so I dont think its a bad habit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    What the hell is a cheat meal? I've been around here for 9 months and nobody seems to be able to give me a real answer to this. It would seem to me that one would just eat food and develop a positive relationship with food...rather than calling it cheating because you had a brownie or something. Food, regardless of nutrient content isn't inherently evil. Meet your calorie goals and your macros goals and enjoy your life.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    The only time I consider it a "cheat meal" is if I'm over my TDEE, or I'm totally screwing my protein for the day. I don't really do cheat meals because i"m pretty good at budgeting my calories and making it fit my macros but the odd time it happens. I wouldn't sweat it once or twice/month if you're even remotely close to TDEE for the day.