I have numerous (other than obvious health benefits) but here are a few:

To finally feel confident in a swimsuit
To be the hot ex-girlfriend

What's your why?

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    If there is a wrong reason, you can list it here. People typically get angry at my reasons, but it's my life, not theirs, and I don't care what's politically correct.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize this post existed in another forum. Sorry for the repeat!
  • Erswim10
    Erswim10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My why is to stay healthy and to set myself up for success in the future (fending off diseases etc).
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My weight has either caused or exacerbated my poor lower-body circulation. I've already dealt with one lymph edema flare-up that needed multiple courses of antibiotics and home-care nursing visits to treat. If losing weight will help me avoid another one, I need to do this.
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What's the alternative?
  • pretentieux
    pretentieux Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So I could inspire others like others inspired me.
    I could look good in every picture taken of me.
    I could wear clothes that my sisters couldn't fit in. (sounds a little low, but I'm the youngest of the two and I wear one size smaller than them)
    And of course, confidence is key. ;P
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bethinela wrote: »
    My serious reason; less chance of breast cancer recurrence. Guilty reason; I love clothes and looking fashionable! Yes even though I'm almost 50! Clothes suck when you're fat.
    Oh, and I am also tired of my feet and hips hurting from my fatness.

I love all these reasons. Congratulations on being a cancer survivor! My feet and knees hurt so I really understand that comment.
  • SassMasterPZA89
    SassMasterPZA89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here's my why: I was in an abusive relationship and left him when my baby was 10 months old. The abuse still happened (emotional and mental) and he had me so convinced I was fat at 130 pounds after having my baby. I've since moved on, I have a beautiful family of three children (7 year old, 6 year old stepson, 11 month old daughter) and my amazing husband. My why is my kids. I want to be able to run and play with them. I can't when I feel like a bag of poop.
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I want to be more attractive and sexy. I know that's very vain but hey, why not lol.
  • mumma_kat
    mumma_kat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband has been complaining of my snoring. I was googling remedies and losing weight came up. I wondered if maybe I had put in a bit of extra weight. Went in the scales this morning and I'm 18 kilos above my healthy weight.
    So my why's... get to a healthy weight (lower risk of disease, energy for my son, etc)
    Stop snoring.
    Refusal to go up a size in my work uniform.