Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
I needed some (pureed) for a recipe, and I'm left with 3/4 of a can... Any tasty recipes I can use that in? I never use the stuff...

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    It's good in anything mexican. Crockpot chicken...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I love them in chili and Mexican rice. But they freeze very well! Whenever I get a can, I always wind up freezing most of it and they stay good for a while. I wrap each one in plastic wrap so I can use whatever I need.
  • eok902
    eok902 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I discovered a great recipe for vegetarian chipotle chilli in the MFP blog a while back. It uses black beans and, to me, is as tasty as a beef chilli: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/vegetarian-chipotle-chili/
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I throw the leftover in the blender and put the purée in the fridge. With the high vinegar content it lasts a long time and I can put a spoonful in things as I need it.
  • Francl27
    Options
    The thing is... I don't really like spicy food, lol. So this might be difficult.
  • Francl27
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I needed some (pureed) for a recipe, and I'm left with 3/4 of a can... Any tasty recipes I can use that in? I never use the stuff...

Did you like the recipe you made? If so portion into that the portions required and freeze for next time.
    If you did not like the recipe and do not like spicy food, garbage. Live and learn.

Yes it's tasty. It's just one tbsp at a time though so kinda hard to freeze I guess.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    The above recommendations were pretty good...if you're struggling to enjoy it and freezing isn't worth it, just throw it out.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Do you like enchiladas? Enchilada sauce is something you can make yourself. You can make it in bulk and freeze it.

Here's a link to Skinnytaste's recipe for it, and it calls for chipotles in adobo. Just make as much of the sauce as you have left, freeze it, and use as needed. Enchilada sauce is pretty mild.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-enchiladas/
  • Francl27
    Options
    Do you like enchiladas? Enchilada sauce is something you can make yourself. You can make it in bulk and freeze it.

Here's a link to Skinnytaste's recipe for it, and it calls for chipotles in adobo. Just make as much of the sauce as you have left, freeze it, and use as needed. Enchilada sauce is pretty mild.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-enchiladas/

That's a pretty good idea, but one of those things I'm not sure it's really worth making yourself, lol. I might give it a shot though!
  • SteadyDoinIt281
    SteadyDoinIt281 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chipotle Hollandaise!
  • dw920
    dw920 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I freeze leftovers in a ziploc bag, as another has said. Whenever I need more, I just break off a chunk and cut it up.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Freeze it in whatever portion you used for this recipe. You will then have it for the next 3 times you make the same dish.
  • Francl27
    Options

Did you like the recipe you made? If so portion into that the portions required and freeze for next time.
    If you did not like the recipe and do not like spicy food, garbage. Live and learn.

Yes it's tasty. It's just one tbsp at a time though so kinda hard to freeze I guess.

Not at all. Ice cube trays :)

Maybe I should invest in some eh? Great idea though...
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Yep, I freeze it in ice cube trays. Usually one chopped pepper and some sauce per cube. I use at least one every time I make chili, and I LOVE that skinnytaste enchilada sauce above. I actually make the sauce and freeze it in small mason jars.
  • catluvgal
    catluvgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ...or just toss it. Problem solved! (especially since you don't care for the stuff)
  • TeresaB12345
    TeresaB12345 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We also freeze in ice cube trays. It goes great in mashes sweet potatoes
  • brittany_carberry
    brittany_carberry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mix it with some greek yogurt and it is a delicious sauce/dip