Replies

• Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    And turtle soup in the French quarter not so tasty
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    A box of junior mints that I didn't open till I was inside the dark movie theater, consumed a few, then realized it was all moldy inside the box.

• NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Beef tripe, which was ok until I found out what I was eating
  • pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    Beef tripe, which was ok until I found out what I was eating

LOL! Mine was also tripe! I thought it was a fish stew when I grabbed it. Worst thing to ever pass my lips.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Red Velvet mini bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes (most memorable in a good way).
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    A lobster bisque from a hotel restaurant in Orlando. Cream of lobster and sherry baked with puff pastry. I didn't know going into it that they're famous for it. One of the most delicious things I've ever eaten.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    A pig snout at a Vietnamese party I got invited to...
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    She-crab soup at Margie & Ray's in Virginia Beach, VA.

Lobster ravioli with crayfish at an Italian restaurant in Galveston, TX... can't remember the name.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    can sardines boy was i drunk. the next morning hurt so bad. i'm not adventures when it comes to food. i'm a picky eater
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Tartare de boeuf Charolais aux couteaux, at L’Alsace in Paris. Basically steak tar tare with a raw egg and minced onion & herbs.
  • willoughtree
    willoughtree Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I had some cauliflower soup that I thought was going to be awful, but it was the best soup I ever ate.
  • Catherine_and_Hobbes
    Catherine_and_Hobbes Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The thing that lives in here:

wz6twkzkofn1.jpg

I was offered some from a friend (who got it from a beach vendor) while standing the water in Haiti. I didn't know what it was and he didn't know the English word for it. Tried it and it was good and later he showed me the shell to tell me what it was.

I didn't poop for a week. Do not recommend.

This would be 'conch'. Pretty good depending on how it was made. We like to cut it up into small bites and fry it.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    can sardines boy was i drunk. the next morning hurt so bad. i'm not adventures when it comes to food. i'm a picky eater

Sardines are good though. In mustard sauce. I enjoy the crunch of the vertebrae.
  • daltontf
    daltontf Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Positive Experiences:
    - The first time I had Crab Meat Alfredo at Red Lobster (of all places).
    - A smoked salmon + cream cheese omelet I had at a bed and breakfast in Maine.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Sushi made with raw scallops. ::sick::
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    King crab in general! I grew up in Alaska and we used to catch our own once upon a time. My most memorable experience wasn't the crab, but the fact it wasn't. I was in high school and went to Florida with my mother and my brother. We went to this buffet that was advertising king crab. I recall going in there and seeing right off that the crab wasn't king crab or anything that even looked close to it (it looked like snow crab to me). The restaurant manager was insisting, yes it was and a kid like me just didn't know what I was talking about and I didn't know anything about crab.

I grew up on the waters in SE Alaska. My father was a commercial fisherman in his younger days. I knew a thing or two about Alaskan seafood :)

I remember looking at my brother and one of us saying, "Did he really just say that about us?"

We told them where we were from and that we knew that this wasn't king crab. The owner was pretty dismissive of us. He just might have been trying to rip us off, but I kind of got the impression he was really selling king crab :)
  • CheesyPurritoCat
    CheesyPurritoCat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Korean Sushi- Sounds pretty average (it is in fact) but for some reason it's the tastiest thing I've ever eaten along with some type of Korean beef with some I-don't-know-what sauce that gave it an incredible taste.