Binge eating not cool

Hi I'm Maria, have been over wight almost all my life . I used to weight 260lb and got down to 149lb . I started my journey when I was 17 now I'm going to turn 22. I recently gained 30lb and just feel awful about it. I binge eat which is something I don't know how to stop .I do well for a couple of week but always end up binging. I feel like I am losing control of my life and I'm scared of gaining all my weigh back. That's why I go fitness pal ,to help me keep track of what I eat and my workouts . I'm not going to let this defeat me and hopefully get down to 155 . Anyways good luck to me and every one on their journey.

Replies

• kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    A couple of things come to mind here:

- Is your calorie goal too low? It's easy to stick with for several days in a row, but if it's at such a low number that it's not sustainable for you, that may be what's triggering the binges. Better to up your daily calorie allotment and eat at a level you can maintain for the long term and lose weight more slowly than to work really hard for a few weeks, only to binge and negate all of your hard work (and harm your self-esteem in the process)

- During those weeks where you "behave", are you eating the things that you want? It's okay to let yourself indulge with moderation, and in fact will probably leave you better off in the long run, because you're letting yourself have the things that you want. A healthy balance between things you want and things you need should help to keep you from binging.

- Lastly, we all have our days from time to time. You are human and will slip up. I do it too from time to time. There are days where food just tastes so good that I want to keep eating it. I let myself have a day like that every now and then, and then it's back to business as usual the next day.

Good luck to you <3
  • Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119417-twitter-gets-fitter We have a motivation group starting tomorrow if you or anyone else needs help