unrealistic goals?

Options
I want to try and lose about 45 lb in the next 7months.. is this an unrealistic goal? I just really need some tips on staying focused as I've majorly fell off the healthy wagon since Christmas and I've been struggling to get back on track.
Thanks

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    That depends on your current weight. I mean thats around 28 weeks, 1.6 lb/week. As you get closer to your goal weight it will get more and more difficult to lose the fat. You might wanna drop to 1 lb/week or so at some point, which will increase the time frame but will make the journey better. Just take it a week at a time, don't focus on the end goal constantly.

The most important thing for me was to weigh and log every meal I eat. Somehow when I know what I am eating and the exact amount of calories, I don't let myself go over it, compared to eating at random. Also select a calorie goal that you can handle. Don't make the journey a suffering, as that'd make you quit.
  • chezgall13
    chezgall13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! The reason I'm giving myself 7months is because I'll be attending a wedding and would life to lose as close to this as possible.
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    Why must there be a timeline? Start losing in a healthy way. It may take 7 months, it make take a year. In the long run you are still going to be down 45 pounds.

She probably has an event she would like to attend at that time.
  • chezgall13
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    That depends on your current weight. I mean thats around 28 weeks, 1.6 lb/week. As you get closer to your goal weight it will get more and more difficult to lose the fat. You might wanna drop to 1 lb/week or so at some point, which will increase the time frame but will make the journey better. Just take it a week at a time, don't focus on the end goal constantly.

The most important thing for me was to weigh and log every meal I eat. Somehow when I know what I am eating and the exact amount of calories, I don't let myself go over it, compared to eating at random. Also select a calorie goal that you can handle. Don't make the journey a suffering, as that'd make you quit.

That's great advice thank you so much!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A little unrealistic, yeah. It took me eight months to lose that much, and that's with having 115 pounds to lose.

I say aim for a pound a week (more reasonable) and you should be around the 30-pound mark at that time.
  • chezgall13
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    A little unrealistic, yeah. It took me eight months to lose that much, and that's with having 115 pounds to lose.

I say aim for a pound a week (more reasonable) and you should be around the 30-pound mark at that time.

Thank you so much for your advice ill definitely try that and see how I go! Thank you