Exhaustion & Fatigue

Options
2»

Replies

• andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Fatigue is probably one of the most frustrating symptoms ever. I highly recommend keeping a basic daily journal, rating your level of fatigue and pain (you mentioned random aches and pains in your initial post), any other symptom, sleep, and activity. I wear a simple Fitbit (Flex2 after my Flex died) and it auto tracks sleep as well.as restless periods. It's pretty accurate. Keep it simple so it's easy to do daily. A pattern may emerge. If nothing else, you have data. Hopefully it will just resolve but if it doesn't, stay on it. Fatigue can become debilitating and it is real.
  • BabyBearFrigon
    BabyBearFrigon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    pamfgil wrote: »
    You don't mention blood sugar, if you are sensitive to sugar it can cause fatigue, has that been looked at?

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that, however, sugar doesn't really have an effect on me, that I know of. I don't eat a lot of processed foods such as candies or highly sugary cereals, dried fruits, or anything like that, so when I do have something processed like that, I just feel sick afterwards since it's not a constant in my diet. My doctor said I didn't have any diabetic symptoms, which I would assume also has to do with sugar levels at some point.
  • BabyBearFrigon
    edited April 2017
    Options
    zekni wrote: »
    Im 35, 5'9" around 185lbs. Im a long distance cyclist(100-200 miles/week), some weights, walking, swimming. I get a lot of excercise, sometimes im cutting weight, sometimes im not. While im training tho, if i dont take a week off every 4-6 weeks to recover, i feel exactly how you describe, and its not worth it. I generally get a massage every week as well, and as long as i take my recovery weeks, im strong and energized and injury free the rest of the time. Every body's body is different, but you have to figire out what works for ypurs, amd sometimes that is recovery time

Thanks very interesting, thank you for sharing that! I do workout a lot and I don't have too much down time. While I'd love to get a massage every week, it's not in my budget, however, I do get them before and after lifting meets. I've also quite enjoyed sessions of cupping, graston, and dry needling.

My PT suggested Calm.com to me and wants me to practice more mindful sleeping with me legs up. There are some ladies in my community you perform Raki, perhaps a session or two of that would be beneficial as well.

I guess what I'm saying is, you're right, I don't think I give myself enough time to recuperate, however in changing Coaches these past two weeks I've found that my fatigue has faded a bit as I only lift heavy three times a week and hike for an hour on the treadmill with a weighted vest on alternating days with my lifting. Thank you for bringing my attention back to recovery, I do know how important that is, especially for growing muscle. Sleeps is 100% necessary for an athlete, just as nutrition and exercise are 100% necessary as well. My PT has some other focusses, physically, along with sleep medication that will hopefully give some relief to these restless nights and fatigued mornings.
  • BabyBearFrigon
    Options
    andielyn wrote: »
    Good luck. Fatigue is probably one of the most frustrating symptoms ever. I highly recommend keeping a basic daily journal, rating your level of fatigue and pain (you mentioned random aches and pains in your initial post), any other symptom, sleep, and activity. I wear a simple Fitbit (Flex2 after my Flex died) and it auto tracks sleep as well.as restless periods. It's pretty accurate. Keep it simple so it's easy to do daily. A pattern may emerge. If nothing else, you have data. Hopefully it will just resolve but if it doesn't, stay on it. Fatigue can become debilitating and it is real.

Thank you, it definately is frustrating. I'v heard about tracking your sleep with a "sleep juonral" althugh nver really though abuot taking is seriously, until now. Perhaps I will, thank you for the suggestion. If it terns out any interestnig results, i'll let you know.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you're not getting REM, it could be due to sleep apnea.
  • BabyBearFrigon
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    If you're not getting REM, it could be due to sleep apnea.

Unfortunately my doctor says I have no symptoms of sleep apnea (snoring, moving during my sleep, getting up at night, etc.) so she sees no need for a sleep apnea test.