Sugar

Options
I generally eat 2 pieces of fruit a day (fresh) and at least 3 vegetables including salad which I don't think is excessive but I often go over my sugar allowance. Do you have any recommendations on what kind of fruit and vegetables I should eat that have a low sugar content or should I just ignore the numbers given that it's not refined sugar?

Replies

• spikyizme
    spikyizme Posts: 3
    Options
    haha - just wrote same kind of post! :)
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    unless you have a medical condition to watch your sugar, dont worry about it.
  • PorrazzaNutrition
    PorrazzaNutrition Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ignore the sugar content. As long as your intake is coming from natural sugars (aka fresh fruit) you'll be fine. Plus, you are not overdoing the fruit (15 apples, etc). With the fruit you are getting all the beneficial fiber, vitamins, and minerals along with it :)
  • NataliaLueck
    NataliaLueck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i was about to post the same question because i don't like seeing the negative red numbers and it's always the sugar .... :huh:
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    unless you have a medical condition to watch your sugar, dont worry about it.

This, unless you're diabetic or pre-diabetic, don't be concerned with sugar intake, instead track total carb intake.
  • alg42
    alg42 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's what's been bugging me as well because all the other categories are in the green and sugar is a red! I just track total carbs instead
  • purpelle
    purpelle Posts: 3
    Options
    Lol. Thanks for all the replies and advice folks. It has put my mind at rest. I know i'm eating "good" sugars so I'm going to try not to worry about it but I hate seeing those red numbers! It makes me feel like I've failed. In future I will watch the carbs and total calories. Good luck all.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I asked the exact same question too, glad to see i am not the only one!