Drinking alcohol in moderation

2»

Replies

• ramonramirez1975
    ramonramirez1975 Posts: 36 Member
    Omg, I always end up binge eating my brains out when I drink...it sucks.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Omg, I always end up binge eating my brains out when I drink...it sucks.

Thats why I always had my bottle of wine when I was already planning on a massive dinner :). Kinda want that now, actually.... quarter of a family size chicken garlic pizza and a bottle of wine...mmmmm.....

Too bad it's only Tuesday ;)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Alcohol is calories just like anything else. But for those of us with low calorie goals, it's pretty difficult to fit it in. I aim for 1500 cals when I'm trying to lose, and to set aside 150-300 of those for a drink or two is not easy. So I very rarely drink anything with calories while in a deficit. Sometimes I'll use exercise calories for drinks. It's probably not the best mindset, but sometimes you need a drink dammit!

As long as you log alcohol and are still in a deficit you will continue to lose weight. Nothing gets "stored as fat" unless you are taking in a surplus of calories overall. :drinker:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    i just finished a 48 day liver cleanse i.e.; no alcohol. My husband did it with me. I weighed myself at the end ..i weighed the exact same..and my husband gained weight.

I am happy i took the break. .. but hated to realize i didn't lose weight like i thought i would. i don't think it matters, as long as you're eating right and exercising.