Vegan Protein Powder

Options
13»

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    cestabbey wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time with the "all vegan protein shakes are disgusting" comments... What a blanket statement!

I absolutely love Vega Sport (make sure it's "sport"!) as do my friends and my non-vegan sister. I haven't tried the other Vega options, but this one is great. Be sure to get chocolate, mocha, or vanilla, and not the berry one, though. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Vega-Protein-Powder-Vanilla-Servings/dp/B016D9IGRA/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1489022889&sr=8-1&keywords=vega+sport+protein

If you aren't into Vega Sport, then you could also try "Skoop." Here's the link: https://healthyskoop.com/

Happy protein shake-drinking!

I agree, the Berry one is pretty bad. Vega Sport is one of the better ones available in most grocery stores. I just got a sample of S.A.N. RawFusion in mocha flavor...OH MY, it does taste like a mocha frappachino, and I only mix mine with water.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I use Kaizen vegan vanilla protein. I have not tasted it on its own because It taste amazing in smoothies and I make a no bake cookie dough batter with it. I have heard Sun warrior is amazing as well.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    SUNWARRIOR chocolate / vanilla, amazing grass peanut butter chocolate !
    orgain organic proteinm, just read a review on it now as im looking for ones that blend well in only water (taste wise)

heres the review:

Pros: Taste, Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Made in the USA with many Canadian ingredients – Buy on Amazon for $38/2.05 lbs

Cons: None.

I first saw Orgain in Costco in the US and couldn’t believe my eyes – $30 for organic clean protein powder, too good to be true?! After the first sip mixed with plain water, me and my husband were screaming “OMG”. It tasted like chocolate milk. Seriously, it tastes phenomenal although I tried only chocolate flavour. Smooth texture, super tasty and even has some tiny crystals that remind me of crumbled Oreo cookies. Amazing in baking too, 0 aftertaste.

Orgain is definitely the winner in terms of price and taste of all plant based protein powders I ever tried. Highly recommended!

Clean protein powder?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like the SunWarrior Plus chocolate - the vanilla is terrible, and the natural doesn't blend well, but the chocolate is perfect hot or cold.
  • Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    NOTHING and I mean NOTHING compares to veg essentials all in one vanilla chai, not only does it have everything you could ever want in it but it tastes friggin amazing!!!! I add it to water and it's so good it's not chalky and gross, I've never had a vegan protein powder that I liked enough to drink straight and this one I could drink all day
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use Vega Protein and Greens. I have both chocolate and vanilla. You can get them on Amazon or the Vanilla at Costco. Don't buy at Whole Foods... the price is crazy! I'm not a vegetarian, but I liked the macros and the flavor is decent.
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    WillingtoLose1001984 Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I love vegan protein powder and hate the whey versions so I am different than some of you. I like Vega Protein and Greens, Sunwarrior Chocolate , Orgain Chocolate, Vitacost Soy Protein ( higher in sugar) Garden of Life Raw Meal Vanilla Chai. I don't know if you will like any vegan protein powder if you don't like Vega. They are one of the best and least offensive. I even like the berry proteins and greens. Do you like bars ( making or buying)? Maybe you could get your protein that way? If you want clean rice isn't a very good option from what I've read.