Looking for smoothie drinking friends.

Options
I am going to start drinking smoothies to help me get more veggies in or days i do jot eat good at least i got a few servings in.

Im looking for members that drink them daily or almost daily i can add to my friend list to see your recipes.

Thanks

Replies

• StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm new on MFP but have been drinking green smoothies for years. I don't have a ton of recipes built in yet, but you are welcome to friend and follow if you want.
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie out of fruit and yogurt. I eat my veggies, but you could probably add some without changing the taste too much. I always make the same smoothie. Frozen strawberries, cherries, blueberries and pineapple. 1 serving of chobani plain greek yogurt. It is really good, satisfies my sweet tooth and has a lot of protein.
  • CheekyChick121
    CheekyChick121 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink one for breakfast. Whatever I have in my fridge that works is what goes in them. Today, 1/2 banana, coconut milk, 4 strawberries, 1/4 c. Blueberries, and 8 blackberries. I add a handful of ice too.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend blending kale, spinach, or parsley with some water and then pouring the mix into silicone ice trays and putting them in the freezer. After a while, I empty each into freezer bags and continue the process so that I have a bunch ready to use as needed. This has been a life saver for me when it comes to making smoothies! I grow it in my garden in the summer and then harvest and save and use throughout the winter. Even if you don't have a ton of land, you can grow kale and parsley in pots. It's much cheaper too.

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    ninpiggy wrote: »
    I highly recommend blending kale, spinach, or parsley with some water and then pouring the mix into silicone ice trays and putting them in the freezer. After a while, I empty each into freezer bags and continue the process so that I have a bunch ready to use as needed. This has been a life saver for me when it comes to making smoothies! I grow it in my garden in the summer and then harvest and save and use throughout the winter. Even if you don't have a ton of land, you can grow kale and parsley in pots. It's much cheaper too.

I made my first all veggie smoothie today and was thinking it was a lot of work and mess to clean up - just for one serving. I started wondering if I could make a big batch for the week and freeze. Thanks for the tip!

OP - please add me if you want. We'll start this together!