New

New to using this app. Any words of advice to get more fit?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Welcome @ronron48214

The best advice-
    Read through all the 'stickies' at the top of each sub-forum.

Buy a digital scale and use it to weigh ALL solid and semi solid foods.

Forgive yourself when you slip up.

Be honest with yourself and your logging- every little crumb counts :)

Cheers, h.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Agreed with the previous post, a food scale is a must! Measure, measure, measure. Be consistent in logging. And yes, forgive any slips - dwelling on that is pointless, much better to just start fresh the next day and recognize that sometimes life happens. Look for any reason you can to get up and move. Take the stairs. Park further away. Use the copier down the hall instead of the one right behind you. These are little tricks I like to use to get my daily step count up.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    That ^^^ and just keep moving! It doesn't take a lot of heavy lifting or hard running although I do enjoy those ever so much. Just eating correctly and walking can do the trick. But if you do choose to hit it hard start slow and ease into it. That'll help keep you from burning out fast or worse reduce the risk injuring yourself. I love taking the stairs but I now work in a one story building so that's a bit tricky now. However when I worked in a 7 story building I took the stairs all the time.
    Good luck!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Slow and steady. Consistency is more important than perfection. Don't give up your favorite foods, find ways to work them into your way of eating (make small changes to your recipes or simply eat less and bulk it up with vegetable sides, etc). Pay attention to how foods make you feel - while there are no bad foods, some foods will satisfy you more than others!